Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle procedure is not executing in uix Post 302259802 by push on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 03:36:14 AM
Old 11-19-2008
chk ur sqlplus

check whether its istalled or not

you can use command
Quote:
which sqlplus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle stored procedure.

I am using sqlplus. I have the stored procedure name. How can i print the stored procedure content? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling Oracle procedure from Unix

Does anyone know how to call an Oracle stored procedure from a Unix script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to oracle procedure

using the script below I want to pass a parameters thorugh my sql call(@/unixsxxx/xxxx/helpenv.sql emptab ) as input into an oracle procedure xxxx_package.proc1(%1,emptab); . I tried %1 but it does not work. Any suggestions. #!bin/ksh set -x # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing procedure using script

Hi, I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one. Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log for ex- exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(); Now later procedure starts executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle Procedure approach

HI All , I am new to oracle procedures. Please help me for the approach to satify the requirement. I need to create procedures. with parameters passed ( say report,type,identities,country ) It should also call sql query within the procedures and passed parameters should be used in where clause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing values from Oracle procedure

Hi all, My oracle procedure returns more than one value. i need to get one value at a time upto ending value ina shell script. Please help me..... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmreddy
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SP2-0642 error while executing procedure from shell script

hi all, i have a unix script where i am calling a database procedure from it. while executing the procedure i am getting an error: but when i tried to call the same procedure manually then it ran successfully, i goggled this issue and found timezone.dat file missing at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)