Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to get the db2 command prompt in unix Post 302259773 by ragavhere on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 01:29:56 AM
Old 11-19-2008
Unable to get the db2 command prompt in unix

Hi,

When i try to connect to the db2 database from unix solaris 5.8 version by typing "db2" from the .../sqllib/bin/ folder, i am not getting the db2 command prompt. Could anyone help me resolve this? Here the db2 is executable only. But still iam not getting the db2 prompt.
The error i get is
$ db2
ksh: db2: not found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the UNIX command prompt

I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the command prompt in my UNIX shell. I am using the bash shell, and I would like to set the prompt to show me the full path of the current working directory along with my username, I suppose... The main thing I want is the full path of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WERUreo
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unable to get password prompt

Hi I am using a Solaris 2.5.1 and i am unable to logon on the console. When i key in say, root on the login prompt, it does not prompt me for password but instead return to the login prompt again. Please help. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owls
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i access db2 instance via telnet command prompt

Hi I have a perl script code in which connecting with db2 database and doing some process. My perl script code and db2 database server present in the same unix server. I am connecting and executing perl script code via windows telnet. Now my question is i could not able to connect db2 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP that works correctly in command prompt and shows issue in UNIX server

Hi All, FTP ports opens with the given user name and password and allows to download file through COMMAND PROMPT. Code as below: H:\>ftp ftpxxxxx Connected to entvc2ft07-pub.xxxxx.com. 220 Microsoft FTP Service User (entvc2ft07-pub.xxxxx.com:(none)): userxxxxx 331 User name okay, need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayalakshmi.r
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Entire Input command not visible in Unix prompt

Hi, While typing the Unix command, entire command is not visible.When the input command is long, it is not visible. I want the entire command to be displayed when i type it. Please help to resolve this issue. Thanks Sampath (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampath.giri
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Unix shell script to open Windows command prompt (cmd)

Hello, I work on Windows and I use Putty to access a remote UNIX server. I am trying to build a shell script that will have as main task to open the Windows command prompt (cmd) and run some Windows commands thereafter. The commands are actually file transfer commands that will download a file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2785
14 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2: load command in unix

I am currently trying to load data from e.txt into tablea. I am getting error. db2 connect to qw01p user wcs using abc db2 "LOAD CLIENT FROM /dswork/ECONT/output/interface/e.txt OF DEL MODIFIED BY coldel| SAVECOUNT 0 ROWCOUNT 0 WARNINGCOUNT 0 MESSAGES XTMPRTI1.txt REPLACE into WCSADM.TABLEA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
FS_NEWCELL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_NEWCELL(1)

NAME
fs_newcell - Changes the kernel-resident list of a cell's database servers SYNOPSIS
fs newcell -name <cell name> -servers <primary servers>+ [-linkedcell <linked cell name>] [-help] fs n -n <cell name> -s <primary servers>+ [-l <linked cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs newcell command removes the Cache Manager's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the cell specified by the -name argument and replaces it with the database server machines named by the -servers argument. Each time the machine reboots, the Cache Manager constructs the kernel list of cells and database server machines by reading the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. This command does not change the CellServDB file, so any changes made with it persist only until the next reboot, unless the issuer also edits the file. The output of the fs listcells command reflects changes made with this command, because that command consults the kernel-resident list rather than the CellServDB file. This command can introduce a completely new cell into the kernel-resident list, but cannot make a cell inaccessible (it is not possible to remove a cell's entry from the kernel-resident list by providing no values for the -server argument). To make a cell inaccessible, remove its entry from the CellServDB file and reboot the machine. If the -name argument names a DCE cell, then the -servers argument names DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines. The -linkedcell argument specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. CAUTIONS
Some commands, such as the aklog or klog.krb5 commands, work correctly only when the information is accurate for a cell in both the CellServDB file and the kernel-resident list. OPTIONS
-name <cell name> Specifies the fully-qualified cell name of the AFS or DCE cell. -servers <primary servers>+ Specifies the fully-qualified hostnames of all AFS database server machines or DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines for the cell named by the -name argument. If FL Server machines are specified, the local machine must be running the AFS/DFS Migration Toolkit Protocol Translator. -linkedcell <linked cell name> Specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the machine's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the ABC Corporation cell to include the machines "db1.abc.com" and "db2.abc.com": % fs newcell -name abc.com -servers db1.abc.com db2.abc.com The following example links the DCE cell "dce.abc.com" to the AFS cell "abc.com". The AFS client contacts the Fileset Location (FL) servers "db1.dce.abc.com" and "db2.dce.abc.com" for fileset location information as it interprets a DFS pathname. % fs newcell -name dce.abc.com -servers db1.dce.abc.com db2.dce.abc.com -linkedcell abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_listcells(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_NEWCELL(1)