Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development php and perl on apache server Post 302259745 by Annihilannic on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 12:30:22 AM
Old 11-19-2008
Search the Apache manual for ExecCGI.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Server

I Don't speak english very good... i'm new to unix. I have Win98SE and Apache for win32 Pentium MMX-166MHz 200MB Free Apache/1.3.20 (Win32) PHP/4.0.6 My url is my ip and i want to get domain exsample "www.cfir.co.il" so i want to get UNIX. i want to get standard UNIX server not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfir
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Web Server

Hi, Can someone help me for the Apache Web Server files for HP-UX 11.0 systems. Is there any download available? Thanks in Advance Anent (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Perl/CGI

Can any body help me with apache and cgi i'dont know how iconfigure apache to use cgi... and when i try to start apachectl it says there is no file... please help me...i have apache installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Server

I have a question concerning the log file from an apache web server. How can I : a) roughly estimate the number of requests processed per second by the web server. b) tally the top ten hosts who send most of the requests to the web server for the last 30 minutes. Could any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppychu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know which version of PHP and apache is in my server?

Hi, How to get the version of php, apache and WebSphere instealled in my server. The OS is AIX. Thanks in advance. R R VARMA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Perhaps, different websites on same Apache server.

Reading Apache documentation I come to understand that it can host different websites, either by FQDN or IP address, virtually. Is it possible for an Apache server to run two sites, and no one be able to tell from outside, that they are hosted in the same server? If not possible. Essentially,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using PHP mail function On apache server.?

Hello, I am using centos-6.2 I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system. when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address() but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use dbiprof to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache If you want to use one of DBI::Profile's other Path settings, you can use a string like: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities. GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. MEMORY USAGE
DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications. It collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query your application runs. You can avoid this problem with a call like this: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; Calling "flush_to_disk()" will clear out the profile data and write it to disk. Put this someplace where it will run on every request, like a CleanupHandler, and your memory troubles should go away. Well, at least the ones caused by DBI::Profile anyway. AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-29 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)