Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Where are the Areca and IPMI config files located Post 302259618 by edomingox on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 01:14:19 PM
Old 11-18-2008
Where are the Areca and IPMI config files located

Hi,

I'm trying to locate the config files that are installed on a Unix/Linux system that belong to programs called Areca and IPMI. Two different programs. The most information I can get from IPMI is that it may be version 1.11 from Supermicro and it's installed by a CD. I checked the CD and there is no information on where it is installed. Areca also seems to be installed in the system as we get them so I have no idea where it is kept.

I want to know where the config files are so I can modify them through a script rather than the GUI.

I ran a "find" command using config, areca, ipmi and came up with nothing. If anyone has has these programs installed on their systems and have any ideas on where to look, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also thinking that the config files may actually be on the card. Would there be a way to script the configurations? I'm really new to scripting and I also wondered if you can create scripts that run over a GUI, if that is even possible.

Last edited by edomingox; 11-18-2008 at 02:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IPMI - Get physical memory size

Hi, Does anybody know how to get the RAM size of a powerless server (OS off), with a network hardware management protocol like IPMI ??? Thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sncr24
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting to compare N number of files located in two directories

I want to compare "N" (around 2000+) number of huge files located in a directory A against "N" files located in a different directory using Bash scripting. Please help me with any scripts available. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Where are the source files located in solaris (b 116)

Hi all, I would like to know the dir location where all the source files for various file systems are located(not the compiled ones)? I tried in /usr/src/uts , but thats as far as I can go. After this i have the i86pc but there are no .c files anywhere.... (Impossible) # find / -name *.c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW: Shell script accessing files located in individual logged in user.

Hi I have below scenario, I hope this could be possible, but as of now no idea how to implement this. Mount point in this location /abc/mp, and there will different users who will be executing one the file shell1.sh file located in /abs/mp, but every user will execute this shell1.sh file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file ownership/permission and content of files located on two different servers

Hi All, can some one suggest me a tool to compare file ownership/permission and contents of files located at two different unix servers? Thanks, Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
1 Replies

8. Linux

The DNS files, where are located?

Hello, please where are located DNS files on various linux distributions? Mainly im interested in CentOS (RedHat) and Ubuntu (Debian). I mean i will be changing IPs and i have registered nameservers on my domain registar and it points to OLD IP, so i need to know in which files to edit on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux command to show where bin files are located

I was having trouble remembering the linux command to show where bin files are located. I eventually figured it out from googling that it was "which". How to find command location in Linux? Since I saw a few other interesting commands like whereis and type it got me curious. Are there any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories

Hello everyone, I'm am a newbie to coding so I am reaching out in hopes that I can get some help from this forum. I am trying to run the script below from a single directory, however the directory has many subfolders. In each of those subfolders is a file, uniquely named to that specific... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
3 Replies
xslt-config(1)							       1.0.0							    xslt-config(1)

NAME
xslt-config - script to get information about the installed version of libxslt SYNOPSIS
xslt-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xslt-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libxslt. OPTIONS
xslt-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libxslt on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libxslt program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libxslt program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was adapted from the xml-config by Will Newton <will@misconeption.org.uk>. The xml-config manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). Version 8 March 2002 xslt-config(1)