Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302259516 by pupp on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 10:11:04 AM
Old 11-18-2008
so have you come up with anything? i'm kinda interested to see this presentation.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
MGPNET(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 MGPNET(1)

NAME
mgpnet -- MagicPoint Netserver (provide MagicPoint presentation over the net) SYNOPSIS
mgpnet [arguments to mgp] DESCRIPTION
mgpnet is a small http server to be executed on the presenter's notebook computer. It lets audience read MagicPoint presentation foils on her notebook computers, over the net. When a presenter performs a presentation, she should invoke mgpnet instead of mgp, with the same argument. mgpnet will become an http server running on tcp port 9999 (by default), and invokes mgp as a child process. By accessing URL http://hostname:9999/, audience will be able to read the MagicPoint window currently displayed on the presenter's notebook. The webpage provided by mgpnet is designed in "client pull" man- ner; audience's notebook will reload the page, several times a minute. If no option is specified, mgpnet will print the URL to be accessed by the audience to the standard output. This is useful for indicating the URL to be accessed on the presentation, like: %filter "mgpnet" %endfilter TODO
Be network conscious. Current implementation is too naive about CPU/network usage. Presenter's notebook may be overloaded if there's too many audiences. SEE ALSO
mgp(1), xwintoppm(1). HISTORY
mgpnet was created by Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>, on the day before the newyear's eve, 1997. BSD
June 1, 2019 BSD