Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog-ng.conf
Operating Systems Solaris syslog-ng.conf Post 302259449 by Tornado on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 06:20:41 AM
Old 11-18-2008
At the moment it is being used in a lab on about 13 systems..
Tornado

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

syslog.conf

Hi all I have a RedHat Linux AS2.1 server that keep crashing/rebooting and there are no messages in the /var/log/messages file pointing to any problems. I had a look at the /etc/syslog.conf file to see what gets logged to /var/log/messages, but I don't know what else to add. Can anyone tell me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. Linux

SYSLOG.CONF another port

Hi everybody, i have a little problem... I have two server srv01 and srv02. srv02 have a syslogd server onboard and listen on 515... not on 514 (it's busy). How i configure the syslog.conf of srv01 for send logs on srv02:515 ??? Now i have on srv01: *.* @srv02 if i write: *.* ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help confiuring syslog.conf

Hi, We had a hardware problem at work and none of the kernel problems outputted to the log file, just the screen. How can I configure the syslogd.conf file to record kernel events (ie hardware problems) to /dev/console and/var/log/messages. Can I just put: /dev/console /var/log/messages on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Want to know about a entry in syslog.conf

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to know about the below entry in syslog.conf in Solaris 10: kern.notice @destserver Now the log will be redirected to destserver. But I want to know the location on the destserver where this log will be thrown. Thanks in Advance, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying syslog.conf

I have a RHEL box that I want to be the loghost for all of the other systems on my network and have set up a /logs partitions to hold all of the logs. I've also created a file called current.log that will contain daily logs and created it using the following command: cp /dev/null current.log. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syslog.conf

How can i configure messages with warn priority to be logged in /var/log/mywarnings.log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

7. Solaris

best configuration for syslog.conf

I would like to configure the syslog.conf to have a good monitoring information about my system. do you have any idea about best configuration from your experience in your Data Centers BR, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configuring syslog.conf

Hi, I would like to configure syslog linux client, syslog server is windows server. so adding on linux client in /etc/syslog.conf @hostname will work in the place of directory location. example of /etc/syslog.conf # Log all kernel messages to the console. # Logging much else clutters up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. BSD

Syslog.conf issue

I'm trying to get all ipfw logs going to ipfw.log I've managed that, but ipfw.log is also getting stuff that shows up in system.log !-ipfw *.notice;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp,install,internal.none /var/log/system.log kern.* /var/log/kernel.log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies
ASE(1)								   User Commands							    ASE(1)

NAME
ase - manual page for ase 3.6.0 SYNOPSIS
ase [options] system(s) DESCRIPTION
Run EMT calculation. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit General: -t TAG, --tag=TAG String tag added to filenames. -M M1,M2,..., --magnetic-moment=M1,M2,... Magnetic moment(s). Use "-M 1" or "-M 2.3,-2.3". -G, --gui Pop up ASE's GUI. -s, --write-summary Write summary. --slice=start:stop:step Select subset of calculations using Python slice syntax. Use "::2" to do every second calculation and "-5:" to do the last five. -w FILENAME, --write-to-file=FILENAME Write configuration to file. -i, --interactive-python-session Run calculation inside interactive Python session. A possible $PYTHONSTARTUP script will be imported and the "atoms" variable refers to the Atoms object. -l, --use-lock-files Skip calculations where the json lock-file or result file already exists. --contains=ELEMENT Run only systems containing specific element. --modify=... Modify system with Python statement. Example: "system.positions[-1,2]+=0.1". Warning: no spaces allowed! --clean Remove unfinished tasks from json file. Optimize: -R FMAX, --relax=FMAX Relax internal coordinates using L-BFGS algorithm. --constrain-tags=T1,T2,... Constrain atoms with tags T1, T2, ... Molecule: -v VACUUM, --vacuum=VACUUM Amount of vacuum to add around isolated systems (in Angstrom). --unit-cell=UNIT_CELL Unit cell. Examples: "10.0" or "9,10,11" (in Angstrom). --bond-length=BOND_LENGTH Bond length of dimer in Angstrom. -F N,x, --fit=N,x Find optimal bondlength and vibration frequency using N points and displacements from -x % to +x %. --atomize Calculate Atomization energies. Calculator: -k K1,K2,K3, --monkhorst-pack=K1,K2,K3 Monkhorst-Pack sampling of BZ. Example: "4,4,4": 4x4x4 k-points, "4,4,4g": same set of k-points shifted to include the Gamma point. --k-point-density=K_POINT_DENSITY Density of k-points in Angstrom. -p key=value,..., --parameters=key=value,... Comma-separated key=value pairs of calculator specific parameters. ase 3.6.0 May 2012 ASE(1)