Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris request script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris request script Post 302259441 by potro on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 06:03:27 AM
Old 11-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
check if the variable LOGDIR is empty after the "read". if so set it to the (before) saved value.
USER1="root"
echo "Please enter the user to run the XSS process (press ENTER for $USER):"
read USER
if [ "${USER}" = "" ]
then
USER=$USER1
fi

This would be a way but is not so elegant. And I need about 15 user inputs.

Bianca

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script http request

Hi everybody, I have a *.vbs file which I want to run automatically. I want to know if there is anyway to implement the given example for e.g "http://255.255.255.55/script.vbs" what I mean is does anyone know how to make an http request from a unix script?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arksal
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 SCSA Information request

Hi I'm a IT manager &, as were taking on Solaris boxes looking for information on Solaris 10 features \ exam material to revise on... I'm already a Solaris SCSA, version 8 I have Sun's bigadmin plus opensolaris (though unsure of how much this would help thanx in advance ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using a request script

I am creating a package(Solaris10 on sparc) that needs user input. As I understand it, I need to use a request script. My problem is that the value I set in my request script is not visible in my postinstall script. Not sure if I am doing it right. Here is an example request script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to modify BASEDIR with request script?

Here is request script: #!/bin/sh echo "Current install root path is " CONFIRM="n" while do BASEDIR="" while true do echo please input install root path then press : read BASEDIR if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpmp
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request a script on manupilating the data. Please HELP!

Dear friends, I'm struggling to preparing a bunch of gaussian input files, say manually. It's really a time-consuming work without any techniques. I suppose that it could be done by a smart script automatically. But I lack some basic knowledge on scripting. Please help! My original input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script request

I've a master file which will contain 100 file names, The script should read file name from a master file and format the file as below in AIX. input file Filename This is a test file Output File Filename|This is a test file Thanks in advance for file in $FileList; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to capture logs based on REQUEST iD

Hi All, I am a newbie, I am looking for a script that can capture logs based on a request id and store it in tmp folder Log files looks like this" - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 Inside test method - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 End of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsingh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request per second script

Hello; I'm having about 800 log files and i'm trying to write a script that report the counts of lines per second or "requests per second" in each log file and report the output which includes the timestamp for the highest lines per second count and the log file name and the highest number per... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD