Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CD drive Mounting
Operating Systems Linux CD drive Mounting Post 302259390 by daya.pandit on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 02:22:22 AM
Old 11-18-2008
what you are asking for ??

1):- As you have unix system and want to mount their cdrom on your Ubuntu8.0
OR
2):- you want to mount your Local cdrom on your machine.

For second one :
2):- $sudo mount /media/cdrom /mnt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drive mounting

Hello, people. I am pretty new to linux, but I heard it was supposed to be good. So I installed it on an ancient 33mhz 486 with 27mbs of RAM. Ran into problems, patched them, and am here now. I am trying to figure out how to use my floppy and CD-ROM drives. I click their respective icons on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting AFS drive

I have an old amiga IDE drive that I wish to read. Its formated in FFS and I understand I can mount this under linux as an AFS filesystem. The drive is already installed in the PC. Can anyone explain in newbie terms the steps t mounting and reading this drive? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SocketSlave
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem mounting different named drive

Hi all, I've got a system here in which I have put a hard drive that was previously mirrored in a supposedly identical system. I am now attempting to boot from this drive alone but get these messages: --- ad4: 58644MB <Maxtor 6Y060L0> at ata2-master UDMA100 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ar0a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbostyx
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting XP Drive in Solaris 10

Hi All, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to the world of Unix and Windows networking, and hoping you can help me out! My predicament: I have a Windows machine running VMWare with an instance of Solaris 10. I have a Windows XP Pro "server" with a large hard drive that I need Solaris to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffy05
7 Replies

7. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

9. SCO

Mounting Tape Drive

Sorry I posted it in wrong forum first. OK, I'm new to Unix (but an IT since DOS 6.2 era) Long story short I'm trying to help a friend who has failing Unix system which is perhaps 16 years old with SCO Openserver 3.4v4.2 with DDS90 Tape where they backup their data. I've setup a Dell Precision... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunail
9 Replies
cdde.xml(5)															       cdde.xml(5)

NAME
cdde.xml - Configuration file for cdde DESCRIPTION
When cdde is run for the first time, an example xml configuration file (~/.cdde.xml) is created for you: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdrom"> <audio command="echo An audio cd was inserted."/> <data command="echo A data cd was inserted."/> <dvd command="echo A dvd was inserted."/> <vcd command="echo A vcd was inserted."/> <svcd command="echo A svcd was inserted."/> <blank command="echo A blank cdr/dvdr was inserted."/> <mixed command="echo A mixed (audio/data) cd was inserted."/> </drive> </cdde> This default file is not very useful, and so I suggest you to edit it to your needs before running cdde again. You may add as many drive entries, or commands as you like. If multiple entries are found for a type of disc then all entries will be run in the order they are found. The specific device in use can be passed to the command with one of the following special tags: %dev% - is replaced with the device name of the cdrom that just had a disc inserted %mnt% - is replaced with the listed mount point for the cdrom that just had a disc inserted Note: %mnt% is determined through your fstab (usually located in /etc) file. If you do not have a listing for each <drive> in the fstab this will cause problems. This way, you can tell your video player which device to use when playing a VCD, for example. EXAMPLE
This is an example of ~/.cdde.xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdroms/cdrom0"/> <audio command="xmms %mnt%"/> <data command="mount %mnt%"/> <dvd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -dvd 1"/> <vcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <svcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <blank command="gcombust"/> <mixed command="mount %mnt%"/> </drive> </cdde> FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde(1) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde.xml(5)