Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with separating syslog messages. Post 302259373 by zaxxon on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 12:56:17 AM
Old 11-18-2008
You did not say where to place the column delimeters; here is a start you can modify yourself of course; I took semicolons as delimeter - you can import it to Excel as csv or whatever:
Code:
root@isau02:/data/tmp/testfeld> awk '/Group \[.*\] User \[.*\] .* COMPLETED$/ {print $1,$2,$3";"$6,$7";"$11";"$12,$13";"$14,$15}' infile
Nov 16 04:19:49;11/16/2008 01:41:12.150;123.208.8.179;Group [sportsbet];User [munsieg]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

separating commands

hey there well i have a small problem with my code. when for example : " /bin/sleep 10 & ls -l mila > xyz " is entered, the program is supposed to separate the two commands 1) /bin/sleep 10 & and 2) ls -l mila > xyz. im not sure of how to achieve this. my current program stores both commands... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating fields

Hi, i have a file as follows: jonathan:bonus1,bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1,bonus2 My desired output is jonathan:bonus1 jonathan:bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1 patrick:bonus2 my current code is cat $F | awk -F"" how should i continue the code? Can i do something... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

3. Programming

Separating commands/programs with ;

Hi i have encountered a problem and i have tried many different things but my brain just has some limitations lol well anyways i was trying to make this program work down below so i can process multiple commands just by separating them with ;. I would apeciate if someone could just make it work kuz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dush_19
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating filename and extension

Hi (warning: newbie question), I am writing a script to run a series of tests on a program, which involves a line: for file in `ls test_suite/*.args` but later I want to send the output to file.out. But I need to separate the filename and extension somehow...Also $file contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucaspewkas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating fields

Hi, I have a text file in following format: 2.45 5.67 6.43 I have to cut the values before decimal and store them in a file. So the output file should look like: 2 5 6 . . and so on... Can someone suggest me a sed/awk command for doing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating folders

I have folder like main. inside main folder there are subfolders & files like main1 main2 main3, file1, file2, file3. I want folders main1 & main2, file1, file2 from main folder. copy them into new folder. Please suggest me how to do it. I am new to shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ypremcha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating a file

Hi all, I have a single text file, Contig3.fasta, that looks like this: >NAME1 ACCTGGTA >NAME2 GGTTGGACA >NAME3 ATTTTGGGCCAnd It has about 100 items like this in it. What I would like to do is copy each item into 100 different text files, and have them named a certain way Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding and then separating the output

Hi I have this output /vol/vol0 4GB /vol/nonprod00 682GB /vol/prod00 3GB /vol/nasp_archive 201GB /vol/nasp_iface 92GB /vol/nasp_bsi 0GB /vol/nasp_vertex 0GB /vol/nasp_sapmnt_mp2 1GB /vol/nasp_sapmnt_prd 52GB /vol/nasp_sapmnt_srp 1GB /vol/nasp_smd 1GB /vol/nasp_ccms 0GB... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with separating datatype, column name

Hi All, I am new to unix but have a requirement wherein I need to separate datatype,length, and column name from input file which is of below format -- record integer(10) empid; string(25) name; date("YYYY-MM-DD") dob; decimal(10) salary; end now after getting datatype,its length and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix09
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating a multilingual file

Hello, I have a text file running into around 100 thousand+ lines which has the following rigid structure: Each field is separated by a comma. Some examples are given below: 23,Chinttaman Pagare,चिंतमण पगारे 24, Chinttaman Pateel,चिंतामण पाटल 25, Chinttaman Rout,चिंतामण राऊत 26,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies
OPENPAM_LOG(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    OPENPAM_LOG(3)

NAME
openpam_log -- log a message through syslog LIBRARY
Pluggable Authentication Module Library (libpam, -lpam) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <security/pam_appl.h> #include <security/openpam.h> void openpam_log(int level, const char *fmt, ...); DESCRIPTION
The openpam_log function logs messages using syslog(3). It is primarily intended for internal use by the library and modules. The level argument indicates the importance of the message. The following levels are defined: PAM_LOG_DEBUG Debugging messages. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_DEBUG. PAM_LOG_VERBOSE Information about the progress of the authentication process, or other non-essential messages. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_INFO. PAM_LOG_NOTICE Messages relating to non-fatal errors. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_NOTICE. PAM_LOG_ERROR Messages relating to serious errors. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_ERR. The remaining arguments are a printf(3) format string and the corresponding arguments. SEE ALSO
pam(3), printf(3), syslog(3) STANDARDS
The openpam_log function is an OpenPAM extension. AUTHORS
The openpam_log function and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and Network Associates Laboratories, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
December 21, 2007 BSD