Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris converting midi to wav in solaris 10 Post 302259331 by conandor on Monday 17th of November 2008 10:57:07 PM
Old 11-17-2008
converting midi to wav in solaris 10

how can i convert midi to wave in solaris 10

i have found timidity but it lack of documentation.
is there any other suggestion?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting from reliant 2 solaris

Hello... I am trying to convert my script from one to another unix flavor... from reliant to solaris...I did all but can not convert this awk/nawk: First code if code that works what I want under reliant and the second should do same under solaris but it does not I did so far from this :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Playing wav-file sounds.

I would like to be able to shell out to the command line and play sounds. After installing "sox" I can now do this using the play command. Is there a way to stop the playing once it starts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newyorkpaulie
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting HP-UX awk to Solaris

Hi, I am using awk in HP-UX to enter an encrypted entry of the password into /etc/passwd with success, this is the command I am using and it is working great. cat /tmp/passwd.gal.before|awk -F: -v gal_passwd="encrypted_password" '{OFS=":" ; print $1,gal_passwd,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to create empty wav file

Dear All, Kindly explain me a command in unix to create a empty wav file with example. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Midi Need

In MS Windows Media Player, I can open a MIDI file (.mid), and in 'Sound' sub section of control panel, I can direct an external USB device to play it. I do not seem to be able to find any SIMPLE way to do this in Linux: the Ubuntu Midi info says it is applicable UNLESS you are using external... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priscus
2 Replies
get_midi_length(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  get_midi_length(3alleg4)

NAME
get_midi_length - Determines the total playing time of a midi, in seconds. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int get_midi_length(MIDI *midi); DESCRIPTION
This function will simulate playing the given MIDI, from start to end, to determine how long it takes to play. After calling this function, midi_pos will contain the negative number of beats, and midi_time the length of the midi, in seconds. Note that any currently playing midi is stopped when you call this function. Usually you would call it before play_midi, to get the length of the midi to be played, like in this example: length = get_midi_length(my_midi); play_midi(my_midi); do { pos = midi_time; textprintf_ex(screen, font, 0, 0, c, -1, "%d:%02d / %d:%02d ", pos / 60, pos % 60, length / 60, length % 60); rest(100); } while(pos <= length); RETURN VALUE
Returns the value of midi_time, the length of the midi. SEE ALSO
load_midi(3alleg4), midi_time(3alleg4), midi_pos(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_midi_length(3alleg4)