Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a file handler and an array from Perl to Shell Script Post 302259161 by pinkgladiator on Monday 17th of November 2008 11:34:54 AM
Old 11-17-2008
I'm trying to call a shell script along two inputs, the first one is a file and the second is an array. I tried the code, but it didn't work. Now that you know what I'm trying to do, would you suggest a solution? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script signal handler

AIX 4.3.3 I am trying to write a signal handler into a ksh shell script. I would like to capture the SIGTERM, SIGINT, and the SIGTSTP signals, print out a message to the terminal, and continue executing the script. I have found a way to block the signals: #! /bin/ksh SIGTERM=15 SIGINT=2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value from shell script to .pls file

I have a shell script which takes at the command prompt options like ss1.sh -F SCOTT -T JOHN F- From User T- To User I want to pass the From User(SCOTT) Value to another script ss2.pls (This script runs a PL/SQL Program). Depending on the FromUser value in the ss1.sh script i have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help passing variables in shell script to perl one-liner

I'm writing a script to automate some post-install tasks on RHEL4 servers. I need the following code to insert an 'A' in the middle of a string, then replace the string in a file. I know I can use sed to do this, but I'd like to use perl's in place edit so I don't have to write to a temp file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Function Array Arguement Passing

Hi All, I have some questions regarding array arguements passing for Perl Function. If @array contains 2 items , arguements passing would be like Code_A. But what if @array needs to add in more items, the rest of the code like $_ will have to be modified as well (highlighted in red), which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script?

Hi Folks, The subject is my question: Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script? Please provide some sample code. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:43 PM ---------- I got it. Its here:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell array to SQLPlus

Dears, Newbie here and tried to search this topic for 3 days now with results. I have a shell array and I want to use it in sqlplus with one connection. here is what I have for now #!/bin/ksh FileName=1000 FileName=2000 FileName=3000 FileName=4000 sqlplus /nolog <<EOF connect... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies
cptsvx.f(3)							      LAPACK							       cptsvx.f(3)

NAME
cptsvx.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine cptsvx (FACT, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, RCOND, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO) CPTSVX computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for PT matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine cptsvx (characterFACT, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, complex, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( * )DF, complex, dimension( * )EF, complex, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, complex, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, realRCOND, real, dimension( * )FERR, real, dimension( * )BERR, complex, dimension( * )WORK, real, dimension( * )RWORK, integerINFO) CPTSVX computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for PT matrices Purpose: CPTSVX uses the factorization A = L*D*L**H to compute the solution to a complex system of linear equations A*X = B, where A is an N-by-N Hermitian positive definite tridiagonal matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. Error bounds on the solution and a condition estimate are also provided. Description: The following steps are performed: 1. If FACT = 'N', the matrix A is factored as A = L*D*L**H, where L is a unit lower bidiagonal matrix and D is diagonal. The factorization can also be regarded as having the form A = U**H*D*U. 2. If the leading i-by-i principal minor is not positive definite, then the routine returns with INFO = i. Otherwise, the factored form of A is used to estimate the condition number of the matrix A. If the reciprocal of the condition number is less than machine precision, INFO = N+1 is returned as a warning, but the routine still goes on to solve for X and compute error bounds as described below. 3. The system of equations is solved for X using the factored form of A. 4. Iterative refinement is applied to improve the computed solution matrix and calculate error bounds and backward error estimates for it. Parameters: FACT FACT is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the factored form of the matrix A is supplied on entry. = 'F': On entry, DF and EF contain the factored form of A. D, E, DF, and EF will not be modified. = 'N': The matrix A will be copied to DF and EF and factored. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E E is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF DF is REAL array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then DF is an input argument and on entry contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**H factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then DF is an output argument and on exit contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**H factorization of A. EF EF is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then EF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**H factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then EF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**H factorization of A. B B is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0 or INFO = N+1, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is REAL The reciprocal condition number of the matrix A. If RCOND is less than the machine precision (in particular, if RCOND = 0), the matrix is singular to working precision. This condition is indicated by a return code of INFO > 0. FERR FERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) RWORK RWORK is REAL array, dimension (N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, and i is <= N: the leading minor of order i of A is not positive definite, so the factorization could not be completed, and the solution has not been computed. RCOND = 0 is returned. = N+1: U is nonsingular, but RCOND is less than machine precision, meaning that the matrix is singular to working precision. Nevertheless, the solution and error bounds are computed because there are a number of situations where the computed solution can be more accurate than the value of RCOND would suggest. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 234 of file cptsvx.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 cptsvx.f(3)