Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming connect() function in C++ socket programming Post 302259125 by Corona688 on Monday 17th of November 2008 10:16:49 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Incindentally the syntax for C sockets and C++ sockets is the same, you use the same system calls.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

2. Programming

Need Help Regarding Socket Programming

Can anyone plz me. I need a sample code for the following description. Its urgent. It is C/Socket program with the following descriptions: NAME coreadServer - Concurrent Readers Server. coreadClient - Concurrent Readers Client. SYNOPSIS coreadServer <OutputFile> coreadClient <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya.vmr
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

4. Programming

Please help! accept function problems in Socket programming

Hi, I have a client-server socket program. It has been working fine for over a year, but recently it started to show strange behavior.:confused: After the server program runs for a while, it will show in the top command saying it is using lots of CPU, MEM. I assume it means the server code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natxie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

connect() socket API

Is there any relation between the connect() socket API and the TCP's Transmission Control Block. Also how does connect detect that a socket is in use i.e., EADDRINUSE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunaina
1 Replies

7. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to socket

solaris client report "cannot to socket(code 25)" while trying to backup on veritas netbackup 6.5.5 server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EUGINIAM
1 Replies
explain_connect_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 explain_connect_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_connect_or_die - initiate a connection on a socket and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/connect.h> void explain_connect_or_die(int fildes, const struct sockaddr *serv_addr, int serv_addr_size); DESCRIPTION
The explain_connect_or_die function is used to call the connect(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_connect(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_connect_or_die(fildes, serv_addr, serv_addr_size); fildes The fildes, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr The serv_addr, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr_size The serv_addr_size, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
connect(2) initiate a connection on a socket explain_connect(3) explain connect(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_connect_or_die(3)