Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users don't understand the unix script Post 302259111 by pochaman on Monday 17th of November 2008 09:40:34 AM
Old 11-17-2008
don't understand the unix script

if {"$my_ext_type" = MAIN]; then
cd $v_sc_dir
Filex.SH $v_so_dir\/$v_fr_file
Can somebody tell me what does this suggest. I am pretty new to unix and
I am getting confused.
What i understood from here is
If we have a file extension name as MAIN
which we have then we change the directory to the path in
$v_sc_dir. And there we find the file Filex.SH [which we have].
Now comes the problem of my understanding. We have this path
$v_so_dir. But i dont know what this |[back slash means] can somebody tell me.
Also we have $v_fr_file -spool file. I am pretty confused. Please help me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I don`t understand how It work (about startup script)?

Hi all. The startup script in /usr/local/bin. After user login the script run an application. Iwould in the same way run the another application. How to make It similar? Where I must to look? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't understand how RS functions in awk

I learn using RS in awk to extract portion of file in this forum which is wonderful solution to the problem. However, I don't understand how exactly it operates. I don't quite understand the mechanism behind how searching for /DATA2/ can result in extracting the whole section under "DATA2" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
3 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

I don't understand some basics..

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1)find all lines in file ,myf that contain all the words cat dog and mouse in any order and start with the letter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cudders
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another Simple BASH command I don't understand. Help?

I have a text file called file1 which contains the text: "ls -l" When I enter this command: bash < file1 > file1 file1 gets erased. However if I enter this command: bash < file1 > newfile the output from "ls -l" is stored in newfile. My question is why doesn't file1's text ("ls -l") get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax that I don't understand.

I'm just trying to confirm that I understand someone's code correctly. If someone has code that says: $foo ||= mysub(); I'm assuming that it means if $foo is nothing or undef, then assign it some value via mysub(). If I'm wrong on this, please let me know. Also, what's the difference... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to compile and don't understand error message

this is my program i am trying to compile /* filedata -- display information about a file */ #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> /* * use octarray for determing * if permission bits set */ static short octarray = {0400, 0200, 0100,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't understand conditions :(

Hi there, I have a very general question. I'm rather new to (bash) shell scripting and I don't understand how conditions work... I've read numerous tutorials but I don't get it. I really don't. Sometime what I do works, sometime it doesn't and that's frustating. So what's the actual difference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypsis
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't understand AWK asort behaviour

Hello, I have the following script : BEGIN { print "1 ***"; split("abc",T,""); T="e"; T="z"; T="y"; for (i in T) printf("%i:%s ",i,T); print ""; for (i=1; i<=length(T); i++) printf(T); print "" print "2 ***"; asort(T,U); for (i in U) printf("%i:%s ",i,U); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgilot
3 Replies
FCGIWRAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FCGIWRAP(8)

NAME
fcgiwrap - serve CGI applications over FastCGI SYNOPSIS
fcgiwrap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
fcgiwrap is a simple server for running CGI applications over FastCGI. It hopes to provide clean CGI support to Nginx (and other web servers that may need it). OPTIONS
-c number Number of fcgiwrap processes to prefork. -s socket_url A URL for the listen socket to bind to. By default fcgiwrap expects a listen socket to be passed on file descriptor 0, matching the FastCGI convention. The recommended way to deploy fcgiwrap is to run it under a process manager that takes care of opening the socket. However, for simple configurations and one-off tests this option may be used. Valid socket_urls include unix:/path/to/unix/socket, tcp:dot.ted.qu.ad:port and tcp6:[ipv6_addr]:port. -h Show a help message and exit. ENVIRONMENT
When running, fcgiwrap evaluates these environment variables set by the web server calling an fcgi-script. The variables DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME will be concatenated and the resulting executable run as CGI script wrapped as FastCGI, with the remainder after the script name available as PATH_INFO. To disable PATH_INFO mangling, set up your web server to pass SCRIPT_FILENAME, which should contain the com- plete path to the script. Then PATH_INFO will not be modified. DOCUMENT_ROOT directory which the script resides in SCRIPT_NAME actual executable SCRIPT_FILENAME complete path to CGI script. When set, overrides DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME EXAMPLE
The fastest way to see fcgiwrap do something is to launch it at the command line like this: fcgiwrap -s unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock Apart from potential permission problems etc., it should be ready to accept FastCGI requests and run CGI scripts. Most probably you will want to launch fcgiwrap by spawn-fcgi using a configuration like this: FCGI_SOCKET=/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock FCGI_PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/fcgiwrap FCGI_USER=nginx FCGI_GROUP=www FCGI_EXTRA_OPTIONS="-M 0700" ALLOWED_ENV="PATH" Nginx can be configured to have the arbitrary CGI cgit run as FastCGI as follows: location / { fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cgit/; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME cgit; fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fastcgi.sock; } AUTHOR
fcgiwrap was written by Grzegorz Nosek <root@localdomain.pl> with contributions by W-Mark Kubacki <wmark@hurrikane.de>. This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> (with contributions by Grzegorz Nosek) for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jun 3, 2010 FCGIWRAP(8)