Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove trailing spaces from a line Post 302259081 by vikas_kesarwani on Monday 17th of November 2008 07:28:52 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Question remove trailing spaces from a line

I want to remove the trailing spaces from any line of file.
line ending does not follow any pattern.
plz help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim trailing spaces from each line in a file

Hello folks, Is there a simple way to trim trailing spaces from each line a file. Please let me know. Regards, Tipsy. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove trailing spaces

Hi, I have a file like this (ADD_MONTHS((Substr(Trim(BOTH FROM Translate(Maximum(closeDa ------------------------------------------------------------ 2007-06-30 00:00:00 I have a requirement where i need just the date. When i do: tail -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahek_bedi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Trailing spaces after a delimiter

Hi, I am trying to remove trailing white spaces using this command in awk nawk -F '|' '/^TR/{t = $4 }/^LN/{gsub(/ */,"");printf "%s|%s\n", t, $0 }' $i>>catman_852_files.txt My delimiter is '|'. THere are some description fields which are being truncated. I dont want to remove spaces... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove trailing and leading spaces using tr command

Dear All, can you please advice how do i remove trailing and leading spaces from a pipe-delimited file using "tr" command the below cmd, i tried removed all spaces tr -d ' '<s1.txt>s2.txt1 Many thx Suresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing spaces from file

I'm currently writing my sql results to a file and they have trailing spaces after each field. I want to get rid of these spaces and I'm using this code: TVXTEMP=$(echo $TVXTEMP|sed -e 's/\ //g') It doesn't work though. I'm not familiar with sedscript, and the other codes I've found online... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove trailing spaces from a variable?

I am getting a value from a csv file using CUT command, however the command extracting the records with trailing spaces. I am using the result into a sql session to fetch data, because of the trailing spaces the sql session is unable to fetch any data. Please let me know, how to remove this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove of extra spaces from the trailing

HI, I need the help from the experts like I have created one file with text like: a b c d e f g h i j k l So my question is that i have to write the script in which like in the first sentence it will take only one space after d and remove all the extra space in the end.I dont... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanudhingra
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing empty spaces within a quote

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.5 I have a file with hundreds of values enclosed in single quotes like below. I want the trailing empty spaces before the ending quote to be removed. Expected output shown below. Can this be done using good old vi editor ? Or should I use sed or awk for this ? $ cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading and trailing spaces from a file

Hi, I am trying to remove leading and trailing spaces from a file using awk but somehow I have not been able to do it. Here is the data that I want to trim. 07/12/2017 15:55:00 |entinfdev |AD ping Time ms | .474| 1.41| .581|green |flat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove leading and trailing spaces for variable in shell script?

Hi I have variable named tablename. The value to tablename variable has leading and trailing white spaces. How to remove the leading and training white spaces and write the value of the tablename without space to a file using shell script. ( for e.g. tablename= yyy ) INPUT ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
10 Replies
GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)														 GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)

NAME
glLineStipple - specify the line stipple pattern C SPECIFICATION
void glLineStipple( GLint factor, GLushort pattern ) PARAMETERS
factor Specifies a multiplier for each bit in the line stipple pattern. If factor is 3, for example, each bit in the pattern is used three times before the next bit in the pattern is used. factor is clamped to the range [1, 256] and defaults to 1. pattern Specifies a 16-bit integer whose bit pattern determines which fragments of a line will be drawn when the line is rasterized. Bit zero is used first; the default pattern is all 1's. DESCRIPTION
Line stippling masks out certain fragments produced by rasterization; those fragments will not be drawn. The masking is achieved by using three parameters: the 16-bit line stipple pattern pattern, the repeat count factor, and an integer stipple counter s. Counter s is reset to 0 whenever glBegin is called, and before each line segment of a glBegin(GL_LINES)/glEnd sequence is generated. It is incremented after each fragment of a unit width aliased line segment is generated, or after each i fragments of an i width line segment are generated. The i fragments associated with count s are masked out if pattern bit (s / factor) mod 16 is 0, otherwise these fragments are sent to the frame buffer. Bit zero of pattern is the least significant bit. Antialiased lines are treated as a sequence of 1 * width rectangles for purposes of stippling. Whether rectagle s is rasterized or not depends on the fragment rule described for aliased lines, counting rectangles rather than groups of fragments. To enable and disable line stippling, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE. When enabled, the line stipple pattern is applied as described above. When disabled, it is as if the pattern were all 1's. Initially, line stippling is disabled. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glLineStipple is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_PATTERN glGet with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_REPEAT glIsEnabled with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE SEE ALSO
glLineWidth, glPolygonStipple GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)