Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux After famous ORA-12514 error, another erro TNS-12535 Post 302259080 by yajneshilu on Monday 17th of November 2008 07:27:58 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Question After famous ORA-12514 error, another erro TNS-12535

Recently I was struggling to resolve ORA-12514 error, after I solved that there is a another error "TNS-12535: TNS: operation timed out". For your information in my machine I have disabled firewall & also added SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 10. But the problem is still persists. Again all your help is needed. It is realted to Linux & Oracle 9.2.0.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Try thousand times could not resolve famous ORA-12514 error

It is related to Linux, Oracle 9.2.0. I am new to Oracle. I am trying to connect to Oracle database say A, but as I am running this command dbstart the error is “ORA-12514: TNS: listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor” I have successfully started lsnrctl. Here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajneshilu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Hi everyone, when i run ; sqlplus -s username/password@TTTEST @umt.sql i take "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name" i want to run "umt.sql" query and also see result. thanx for your helping. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: temhem
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TNS no listener error when connecting to a new DB

Hi all We connect to 10 Oracle Databases from our UNIX box through the regular TNS file we have on any oracle client installation. Recently we acquired a new connection. I added the entries as usual to the TNS file. The connection fails with the below error message ORA-12541: TNS:no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
2 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

ORA-27300 error because of hp ux

Dear All, i am not able to start the 9i oracle database because of the following problems. I log in into unix and then into sqlplus export oracle_sid=SATEST startup nomount i am getting the following errors ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokpattar
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

ORA-06512 Error in Oracle 10g

HI All , I am using oracle 10g and HP AIX . I am getting the below error while running the package. ORA-29280: invalid directory path ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 41 ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 478 ORA-06512: at "DW_APP.PKG_ASS_FVC", line 595 ORA-06512: at line 2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

TNS Timeout Error when connecting to SQLPLUS through scripts only

Hi, I am facing a strange issue when connecting to SQLPLUS via a shell scripts. I am using Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1 and gbash shell. When I connect to SQLPLUS through scripts then it throws TNS Time Out error ""sometimes"" and connects successfully other times.This is only happening when... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines with the string "TNS-" but skip those with "TNS-12514"

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.3 From a log file, I want to grep all lines with the pattern "TNS-" but I want to skip those with the pattern "TNS-12514" . How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
TIMEDC(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 TIMEDC(8)

NAME
timedc -- timed control program SYNOPSIS
timedc [command [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The timedc utility is used to control the operation of the timed(8) program. It may be used to: o Measure the differences between machines' clocks, o Find the location where the master time server is running, o Enable or disable tracing of messages received by timed(8), and o Perform various debugging actions. Without any arguments, timedc will prompt for commands from the standard input. If arguments are supplied, timedc interprets the first argu- ment as a command and the remaining arguments as parameters to the command. The standard input may be redirected causing timedc to read com- mands from a file. Commands may be abbreviated; recognized commands are: ? [command ...] help [command ...] Print a short description of each command specified in the argument list, or, if no arguments are given, a list of the recognized commands. clockdiff host ... Compute the differences between the clock of the host machine and the clocks of the machines given as arguments. msite [host ...] Show the master time server for specified host(s). trace { on | off } Enable or disable the tracing of incoming messages to timed(8) in the file /var/log/timed.log. election host1 [host2 ...] Asks the daemon on the target host to reset its "election" timers and to ensure that a time master has been elected. quit Exit from timedc. Other commands may be included for use in testing and debugging timed(8); the help command and the program source may be consulted for details. FILES
/var/log/timed.log tracing file for timed /var/log/timed.masterlog log file for master timed DIAGNOSTICS
?Ambiguous command abbreviation matches more than one command ?Invalid command no match found ?Privileged command command can be executed by root only SEE ALSO
date(1), adjtime(2), icmp(4), timed(8) R. Gusella and S. Zatti, TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD. HISTORY
The timedc utility appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD