Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming connect() function in C++ socket programming Post 302259049 by wempy on Monday 17th of November 2008 05:40:10 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Code:
man perror

will help you decode error numbers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

2. Programming

Need Help Regarding Socket Programming

Can anyone plz me. I need a sample code for the following description. Its urgent. It is C/Socket program with the following descriptions: NAME coreadServer - Concurrent Readers Server. coreadClient - Concurrent Readers Client. SYNOPSIS coreadServer <OutputFile> coreadClient <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya.vmr
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

4. Programming

Please help! accept function problems in Socket programming

Hi, I have a client-server socket program. It has been working fine for over a year, but recently it started to show strange behavior.:confused: After the server program runs for a while, it will show in the top command saying it is using lots of CPU, MEM. I assume it means the server code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natxie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

connect() socket API

Is there any relation between the connect() socket API and the TCP's Transmission Control Block. Also how does connect detect that a socket is in use i.e., EADDRINUSE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunaina
1 Replies

7. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to socket

solaris client report "cannot to socket(code 25)" while trying to backup on veritas netbackup 6.5.5 server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EUGINIAM
1 Replies
PERROR(1)						       MySQL Database System							 PERROR(1)

NAME
perror - explain error codes SYNOPSIS
perror [options] errorcode ... DESCRIPTION
For most system errors, MySQL displays, in addition to an internal text message, the system error code in one of the following styles: message ... (errno: #) message ... (Errcode: #) You can find out what the error code means by examining the documentation for your system or by using the perror utility. perror prints a description for a system error code or for a storage engine (table handler) error code. Invoke perror like this: shell> perror [options] errorcode ... Example: shell> perror 13 64 OS error code 13: Permission denied OS error code 64: Machine is not on the network To obtain the error message for a MySQL Cluster error code, invoke perror with the --ndb option: shell> perror --ndb errorcode Note that the meaning of system error messages may be dependent on your operating system. A given error code may mean different things on different operating systems. perror supports the following options. o --help, --info, -I, -? Display a help message and exit. o --ndb Print the error message for a MySQL Cluster error code. o --silent, -s Silent mode. Print only the error message. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print error code and message. This is the default behavior. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 PERROR(1)