Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Must restore data to DR server Post 302258827 by vbe on Sunday 16th of November 2008 07:32:19 AM
Old 11-16-2008
From what I remember, when you create a mksysb you have options to create a file (sorry I just cant remember what they are called...) which allows you to "customize" the use of the image when restoring this file if I remember is copied with the mksysb image ( but I remember times when we had to use floppys...) this allows you to change the size of disks, FS etc...

Sorry for the little if any help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup user from one server and restore to another

Hi. I have a situation here where I need to backup a users' home directory and restore onto another server. The issue here is that both servers have different operating systems and I am looking for advices on how to proceed. The source server operating system is Tru64 v5.1, and here's the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fidodido
1 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

restore data after system crash

Hi all, I have a server running HP-UX 11i V1 (11.11). We had a problem with the system disk which cannot boot and the recovery with the CD failed too. the only solution was to re-install the system on a new disk. The problem now is to get access to the data which are on other disks, not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

5. SCO

cpio Backup and restore to spare server fails

Our company purchased a spare HP ML350 server - identical to current one in use to act as minimal downtime replacement should the inevitable happen. After install of OS 5.0.7 and restore of cpiobackup I get this message: -: Syntax error: Hostname= $inexpected The SCO licence policy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Restore a server from a ufsdump

Hi guys i tried to restore a server from a ufsdump. For your information, the ufsdump was created on a v440 and i have to restore it to a v240... is it supported? should it work? don't know but i try! the problem is after restoring the filesystem, modify the vfstab, system file and install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dead server, need to restore few files

Hi, One of my Linux server running Redhat version 3 is dead. I already build the new server but I need to get few of the license files from the old server. Currently, I booted the old server using the CDROM. But when I go to /mnt/sysimage/var, I don't see any of files? I also went to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automate restore data and root mirror in Solaris 10

Hi Folks, I have taken a backup of root filesystem with tar. Please help me to write a ksh script to automate restoration and root mirror in solaris 10. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wills
1 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)                                               iptables 1.6.1                                               IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN or in file. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file or specify file as an argument. -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)