Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudoers file not found
Operating Systems Solaris sudoers file not found Post 302258671 by bharu_sri on Saturday 15th of November 2008 09:51:35 AM
Old 11-15-2008
Thank you so much.

I have an X4500 X86 processor. Could you please give me the link for X86. Do I need to follow up the same syntax given above ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudoers file

Hi, I have edited 'sudoers' file to allow 'cads' user shutdown the system without providing a password. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my file? It's not working when I 'sudo SHUTDOWN' command: sudo: SHUTDOWN: command not found Thanks a lot! # Host alias specification... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers file questions

What is the difference between ALL and localhost in the bellow? # %users ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom # %users localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers file

i have defined a rule in the sudoers file so a specific user is able to run some commands as sudo with no password. my question is: is it possible to restrict a user to run commands as sudo only in a certain directory? for example: chown only the files that are located in /var/tmp. Thank you. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noam128
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sudoers file.

Hi All, I am new to sudoers file. I am asked to troubleshoot why a particular user (alandhi) is not able to run a script as a different user(scmtg). I have the following line in my sudoers file and the user's name added to the group. User_Alias QA_USERS = alandhi, testuser1, qauser3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Help with sudoers file - AIX

Hi all, I'm trying to setup my sudoer file at work to have the right security, but I'm not able to refine to the level I want. Here's what I would like to have: => OS Users - John (group staff) - Bob (group staff) - app20adm (group app20grp) - app70adm (group app70grp) - sys20adm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help with Sudoers file

Hello, Recently our team noticed access to groups had not been revoked per sudo file. We currently have around 160 AIX LPARS. I am hoping someone can help me write a script that would copy all sudoers file at each machine and dump into 1 large file for me to review. I have public... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: audis$
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with sudoers file...

Hi, I was asked to create sudoers file for operation team so they can sudo as another user and run few commands. I have updated /etc/sudoers file. User_Alias LEVEL1 = JamesF, dennisW, juanC, steveS, Cmnd_Alias SU_PROD=/bin/su prod, /bin/su - prod Cmnd_Alias SU_NYOP=/bin/su... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Sudoers file

Hi using Solaris 10. trying to update /etc/sudoers file I need to add all the fist level operation team. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.Error message sudo su - >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudoers file

In the sudoers file in Solaris... I am trying to limit the DEVELOPER user privileges to where those users can only use the “rm” command in certain directories. This is to prevent them from deleting directories or files and destroying a server. I want them to be able to use the "rm" command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzonefx
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to setup sudoers file ?

Hi, I have several employees of whom we have created Linux user ids as below. fred mohtashim jhon matt croft .... $ id uid=1018(jhon) gid=1003(techx) groups=1003(techx) context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 Note: All my employee users belong to techx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
pset_ctl(2)							System Calls Manual						       pset_ctl(2)

NAME
pset_ctl() - processor set control SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function provides a means to query the system processor set configuration and assignment information. The request argument specifies what information is needed for the pset processor set. The following request values are supported: Return the ID of the processor set binding for the calling thread. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the ID of the first locality domain contributing to the processor set pset. The id argument is ignored. Return the ID of the first processor in the processor set pset that is in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Even when the processor given by id is enabled, the return value will be -1 if none of the proximate processors contribute to the processor set pset. If the processor given by id is not enabled, -1 is returned. See mpctl(2) for details on proximate processors. Return the ID of the first processor set in the system. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the ID of the first processor in the processor set pset. It will return -1 if the processor set is empty. Any processors in the processor set that is in transition are ignored. The id argument is ignored. Return the ID of the next locality domain after the locality domain specified in id that contributes to the processor set pset. Typically, is called to determine the first locality domain in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining locality domain in the processor set. Return the ID of the next processor in the processor set pset that is in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Typically, is called to determine the first proximate processor. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to deter- mine the IDs of the remaining proximate processors. Return the ID of the next processor set in the system after pset. The id argument is ignored. Typically, is called to determine the first processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining processor sets in the system. Return the ID of next processor in the processor set pset after the processor specified in id. Typically, is called to determine the first processor in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining processors in the processor set. Return the number of locality domains that have at least one processor assigned to the processor set pset. The id argument is ignored. Return the number of processors assigned to the processor set pset that are in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Even when the processor given by id is enabled, the return value will be 0 if none of proximate processors contribute to the processor set pset. If the processor given by id is not enabled, -1 is returned. Return the current number of processor sets in the system. It will always be greater than or equal to one. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the number of processors assigned to the processor set pset. Any processors in the processor set that is in transition are not included. The id argument is ignored. Return number of processors contributed by the locality domain specified by id to the processor set pset. Return the ID of the processor set assigned for the processor specified in id. If the processor is not enabled or is in transition from one processor set to another, -1 is returned with an error. The pset argument is ignored. Logical Processor and Processor Core Information On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. When hyper-threading is enabled at the firmware level, each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Hence the basic unit of any topology information is a logical processor. However, some applications may want to get the system topology information at the physical processor core level. Returns the number of processor cores assigned to the processor set pset. Any processor cores in the processor set that are in transition are not included. The id argument is ignored. Returns the ID of the first processor core in the processor set pset. It will return -1 if the processor set is empty. Any processor cores in the processor set that is in transition are ignored. The id argument is ignored. Returns the ID of the next processor core in the processor set pset after the processor specified in id. Typically, is called to determine the first processor core in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of remaining processor cores in the processor set. Returns the number of enabled processor cores assigned to the processor set pset. Any user may query the system processor set topology using the function. Use with name to see if the processor set functionality is supported by the underlying HP-UX operating system version. RETURN VALUE
returns a value based on on successful completion. Success. The value is based on the request. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if the corresponding condition is detected. The request is invalid. The specified processor set pset, or the processor or the locality domain specified by id is invalid. The request is and there is no other processor set after pset, or the request is and there is no other processor after id in pset, or the request is and there is no other locality domain after id in pset, or the request is and there is no other proxi- mate processor after id in pset. The request is or and the processor specified by id is not enabled. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. EXAMPLES
Get total count and IDs of all processor sets in the system. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), mpctl(2), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_destroy(2), pset_getattr(2), pset_setattr(2), sysconf(2), privi- leges(5). pset_ctl(2)