Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering one file based on results from other Post 302258642 by digipak on Saturday 15th of November 2008 06:01:54 AM
Old 11-15-2008
Thanks a lot

Yes.... It works perfectly as I wanted it. Thanks a million for your help. I really appreciate it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering list results

I created a large file list using: find . -type f -mtime +540 > test2.txt ..which searched recursively down the directory tree searching for any file older than 540 days. I would like to filter the results removing the directory name and the "/" character, resulting in only a list of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a file based on a value of a column

Hi all, I would like to extract records of a file based on a condition. The file contains 47 fields, and I would like to extract only those records that match a certain value in one of the columns, e.g. COL1 COL2 COL3 ............... COL47 1 XX 45 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering one file based on results from other- AGAIN

I have asked this question here before and got the answer too. Unfortunately I used only one record as an example and the script works fine for one record but not for more than one record. Can anybody help me with writing a script for the data that I want to use from one file based on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering records based on numeric field value in 8th position

I have a ";" delimited file.Whcih conatins a number fileds of length 4 charcters in 8th position But there is a alphanumeric charcters like : space, ";" , "," , "/" , "23-1" , "23 1" , "aqjhdj" , "jun-23" , "APR-04" , "4:00AM" , "-234" , "56784 ", "." , "+" "_" , "&" , "*" , "^" , "%" , "!"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: filtering lines based on duplicate values in a column

Hi I have a file like this. I need to eliminate lines with first column having the same value 10 times. 13 18 1 + chromosome 1, 122638287 AGAGTATGGTCGCGGTTG 13 18 1 + chromosome 1, 128904080 AGAGTATGGTCGCGGTTG 13 18 1 - chromosome 14, 13627938 CAACCGCGACCATACTCT 13 18 1 + chromosome 1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering based on column values

Hi there, I am trying to filter a big file with several columns using values on a column with values like (AC=5;AN=10;SF=341,377,517,643,662;VRT=1). I wont to filter the data based on SF= values that are (bigger than 400) ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
25 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a csv file based on a value of a column

Hi, I tried filtering the records in a csv file using "awk" command listed below. awk -F"~" '$4 ~ /Active/{print }' inputfile > outputfile The output always has all the entries. The same command worked for different users from one of the forum links. content of file I was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmudikonda
3 Replies
XkbNoteNameChanges(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					     XkbNoteNameChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteNameChanges - Note the changed names in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteNameChanges (XkbNameChangesPtr old, XkbNamesNotifyEvent *new, unsigned int wanted); ARGUMENTS
- old XkbNameChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted types of names for which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
When your application receives a XkbNamesNotify event, you can note the changed names in a changes structure using XkbNoteNameChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of the valid names mask bits shown in Table 1. XkbNoteNameChanges copies any changes that are reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. Table 1 Symbolic Names Masks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mask Bit Value Keyboard Field Component --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- XkbKeycodesNameMask (1<<0) Xkb->names keycodes XkbGeometryNameMask (1<<1) Xkb->names geometry XkbSymbolsNameMask (1<<2) Xkb->names symbols XkbPhysSymbolsNameMask (1<<3) Xkb->names phys_symbols XkbTypesNameMask (1<<4) Xkb->names type XkbCompatNameMask (1<<5) Xkb->names compat XkbKeyTypeNamesMask (1<<6) Xkb->map type[*].name XkbKTLevelNamesMask (1<<7) Xkb->map type[*].lvl_names[*] XkbIndicatorNamesMask (1<<8) Xkb->names indicators[*] XkbKeyNamesMask (1<<9) Xkb->names keys[*], num_keys XkbKeyAliasesMask (1<<10) Xkb->names key_aliases[*], num_key_aliases XkbVirtualModNamesMask (1<<11) Xkb->names vmods[*] XkbGroupNamesMask (1<<12) Xkb->names groups[*] XkbRGNamesMask (1<<13) Xkb->names radio_groups[*], num_rg XkbComponentNamesMask (0x3f) Xkb->names keycodes, geometry, symbols, physical symbols, types, and compatibility map XkbAllNamesMask (0x3fff) Xkb->names all name components X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbNoteNameChanges(3)