Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering one file based on results from other Post 302258628 by elbrand on Saturday 15th of November 2008 04:04:39 AM
Old 11-15-2008
filtering one file based on results from other

I'm not sure if I've understand you right. Does this snipped the work?

while read a ; do K="${a##* }" ; awk -vK=${K} '{if ($NF<=K) print}' FILE2 ; done < FILE1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering list results

I created a large file list using: find . -type f -mtime +540 > test2.txt ..which searched recursively down the directory tree searching for any file older than 540 days. I would like to filter the results removing the directory name and the "/" character, resulting in only a list of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a file based on a value of a column

Hi all, I would like to extract records of a file based on a condition. The file contains 47 fields, and I would like to extract only those records that match a certain value in one of the columns, e.g. COL1 COL2 COL3 ............... COL47 1 XX 45 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering one file based on results from other- AGAIN

I have asked this question here before and got the answer too. Unfortunately I used only one record as an example and the script works fine for one record but not for more than one record. Can anybody help me with writing a script for the data that I want to use from one file based on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering records based on numeric field value in 8th position

I have a ";" delimited file.Whcih conatins a number fileds of length 4 charcters in 8th position But there is a alphanumeric charcters like : space, ";" , "," , "/" , "23-1" , "23 1" , "aqjhdj" , "jun-23" , "APR-04" , "4:00AM" , "-234" , "56784 ", "." , "+" "_" , "&" , "*" , "^" , "%" , "!"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: filtering lines based on duplicate values in a column

Hi I have a file like this. I need to eliminate lines with first column having the same value 10 times. 13 18 1 + chromosome 1, 122638287 AGAGTATGGTCGCGGTTG 13 18 1 + chromosome 1, 128904080 AGAGTATGGTCGCGGTTG 13 18 1 - chromosome 14, 13627938 CAACCGCGACCATACTCT 13 18 1 + chromosome 1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering based on column values

Hi there, I am trying to filter a big file with several columns using values on a column with values like (AC=5;AN=10;SF=341,377,517,643,662;VRT=1). I wont to filter the data based on SF= values that are (bigger than 400) ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
25 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a csv file based on a value of a column

Hi, I tried filtering the records in a csv file using "awk" command listed below. awk -F"~" '$4 ~ /Active/{print }' inputfile > outputfile The output always has all the entries. The same command worked for different users from one of the forum links. content of file I was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmudikonda
3 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)