Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using concatination for commands Post 302258567 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of November 2008 10:00:54 PM
Old 11-14-2008
You can run any program that interacts with the user and accepts a sequence of commands or answers. YOu just have to know what the commands are ahead of time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

commands

hi, I'm completely new to FreeBds or unix in general, is there a really nice site to teach you the basic ommands to free BSD. I don't know what to do. =( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special K
3 Replies

2. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do the following commands

Given a directory on a Linux or on Unix file system that contains one or several text files, how would you Find the last 5 lines with the word “HELLO” in a single file Find the line number of the first line with the word “HELLO” in every file Find all lines with the word “HELLO” in all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coppercat
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

PLEASE HELP WITH THESE COMMANDS

Given a directory on a Linux or on Unix file system that contains one or several text files, how would you Find the last 5 lines with the word “HELLO” in a single file Find the line number of the first line with the word “HELLO” in every file Find all lines with the word “HELLO” in all files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coppercat
1 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with some commands

Hi! i'd like from someone to explain me 'what is what' from these parts of code if it's possible.i'd like to understand them and their usage: 1) sed '3d' filename 2) sort –t: +0 -1 /etc/passwd and also this: tr ‘’ ‘ ‘ < filename thank you! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls commands

So I need a way to list all files that contain 4 letters. Also separately I need to find a way to list all files with l or n as the third letter of the name. I need to use the ls command and/or grep/egrep. Any help would be a appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muttfacejohnson
2 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)