Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting day to capital letter... Post 302258422 by govindts on Friday 14th of November 2008 01:59:37 PM
Old 11-14-2008
converting day to capital letter...

Hello,

I am receiving a file every day as this format. Since today is friday, the format is, PGI_STG_FRIDAY14.TXT.

I need to write the shell script to check if this file exist in folder...

I am using date format..

export DATE=`date '+%A'`
echo $DATE

The output is Friday

But i want to covert this to capital leters FRIDAY

How can i do this? Any help is greatly appreciated...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transformation capital letter

:confused: Hye everybody i would like to know if exist a internet site where i can founs some interesting shell script very usefull I need to transform hundreds names of files escribed in CAPITAL letter in minuscule letter do oyu know a mean o do that that thanks to a script or a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark Angel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find capital letter names in a file without finding words at start of sentence

Hi, I want to be able to list all the names in a file which begin with a capital letter, but I don't want it to list words that begin a new sentence. Is there any way round this? Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kev269
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] check if chars is a capital letter and translate it

how can i check if read -n 1 LETTER; LETTER is a capital letter and after translate in minuscule. i have thought with: tr or no? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafazzi87
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting filenames from julian day to yyyy-mm-dd and retrieving weekly mean values

Hi, I need help to convert the filenames of my 9-year daily files (1999-2007) from a julian day to yyyy-mm-dd format. my original files are patterned likes the ones below. 1999001.txt 1999002.txt 1999003.txt 1999004.txt ... 1999365.txt desired output: 19990101.txt 19990102.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make all words begin with capital letter?

I need to use bash to convert sentences where all words start with a small letter into one where all words start with a capital letter. So that a string like: are utilities ready for hurricane sandy becomes: Are Utilities Ready For Hurricane Sandy (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting all words that start with a capital letter in a string using python dictionary

Hi, I have written the following python snippet to store the capital letter starting words into a dictionary as key and no of its appearances as a value in this dictionary against the key. #!/usr/bin/env python import sys import re hash = {} # initialize an empty dictinonary for line in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the first letter of each line by a capital

Hi, I need to replace, as the title says, the first letter of each line (when it's not a number) by the same letter, but capital. For instance : hello Who 123pass Would become : Hello Who 123pass Is there a way with sed to do that ? Or other unix command ? Thank you :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganon551
7 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)