Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Which modules get installed with modules_install Post 302258232 by demwz on Friday 14th of November 2008 05:15:25 AM
Old 11-14-2008
did you mead the module is not installed in /lib/modules within your filesystem within initrd.
normally it should be installed within your filesystem by make modules_install.
you can change to the source directory of cciss and type make install to force this or see any error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/modules/conf

RedHat 7.1 I get /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/modules.dep This is currently running on a Dell Latitude CPi Laptop. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jblank1234
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compilng Modules

Hi all Can anyone tell me if it is possible to compile modules individually without having to recompile the whole kernel? I have recently compiled a new kernel but forgot to compile in lp.o which would allow me to print. I can see lp.c in /usr/src/linux/kernel/drivers/char sometimes in these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modules under bsd

Hello I know that I can load or unload kernel modules (/sbin/modload or /sbin/modunload) but how can I check what of modules are now loaded to my kernel? I heard that I can do it by /sbin/modstat but I haven't file like this in my system... Please help me. Have a nice day (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check for installed Perl modules on solaris?

Is there a quick way to check for installed perl modules on a solaris server? I found using perl -e "use Crypt::DES" will work for checking one package at a time. I was wondering if there was anything else out there? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which modules are installed for APACHE?

Is there some way I can tell which modules I have installed for APACHE? Would it be in httpd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get result from both of these modules?

Hallo All unix Guru's I have written a small (static) pl/sql function which is inserting data into database. It is as follows: sqlplus $CONNECT <<-EOF DECLARE Counter integer :=1; BEGIN WHILE Counter <= ${no_of_files} LOOP INSERT INTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM - distribution class for MakeMaker related modules SYNOPSIS
$mm = CPANPLUS::Dist::MM->new( module => $modobj ); $mm->create; # runs make && make test $mm->install; # runs make install DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" is a distribution class for MakeMaker related modules. Using this package, you can create, install and uninstall perl modules. It inherits from "CPANPLUS::Dist". ACCESSORS
parent() Returns the "CPANPLUS::Module" object that parented this object. status() Returns the "Object::Accessor" object that keeps the status for this module. STATUS ACCESSORS
All accessors can be accessed as follows: $mm->status->ACCESSOR makefile () Location of the Makefile (or Build file). Set to 0 explicitly if something went wrong. make () BOOL indicating if the "make" (or "Build") command was successful. test () BOOL indicating if the "make test" (or "Build test") command was successful. prepared () BOOL indicating if the "prepare" call exited successfully This gets set after "perl Makefile.PL" distdir () Full path to the directory in which the "prepare" call took place, set after a call to "prepare". created () BOOL indicating if the "create" call exited successfully. This gets set after "make" and "make test". installed () BOOL indicating if the module was installed. This gets set after "make install" (or "Build install") exits successfully. uninstalled () BOOL indicating if the module was uninstalled properly. _create_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "create" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. _install_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "install" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. METHODS
$bool = $dist->format_available(); Returns a boolean indicating whether or not you can use this package to create and install modules in your environment. $bool = $dist->init(); Sets up the "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" object for use. Effectively creates all the needed status accessors. Called automatically whenever you create a new "CPANPLUS::Dist" object. $bool = $dist->prepare([perl => '/path/to/perl', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "prepare" preps a distribution for installation. This means it will run "perl Makefile.PL" and determine what prerequisites this distribution declared. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "prepare" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. When running "perl Makefile.PL", the environment variable "PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_EXECUTING" will be set to the full path of the "Makefile.PL" that is being executed. This enables any code inside the "Makefile.PL" to know that it is being installed via CPANPLUS. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->create" on the object to create the installable files. $href = $dist->_find_prereqs( file => '/path/to/Makefile', [verbose => BOOL]) Parses a "Makefile" for "PREREQ_PM" entries and distills from that any prerequisites mentioned in the "Makefile" Returns a hash with module-version pairs on success and false on failure. $bool = $dist->create([perl => '/path/to/perl', make => '/path/to/make', makeflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', prereq_target => TARGET, skiptest => BOOL, force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "create" creates the files necessary for installation. This means it will run "make" and "make test". This will also scan for and attempt to satisfy any prerequisites the module may have. If you set "skiptest" to true, it will skip the "make test" stage. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "make" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. It will also ignore a bad return value from "make test" and still allow the operation to return true. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->install" on the object to actually install it. $bool = $dist->install([make => '/path/to/make', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "install" runs the following command: make install Returns true on success, false on failure. $bool = $dist->write_makefile_pl([force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) This routine can write a "Makefile.PL" from the information in a module object. It is used to write a "Makefile.PL" when the original author forgot it (!!). Returns 1 on success and false on failure. The file gets written to the directory the module's been extracted to. perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)