Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers wt is the exact procedure to share windows printer on linux machine to print from it Post 302258160 by Annihilannic on Friday 14th of November 2008 12:24:00 AM
Old 11-14-2008
No, SAMBA is not compulsory. You should hopefully have CUPS installed, read the documentation at Common UNIX Printing System.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to share printer installed on windows 2000 with SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

i have wipro netpower server with p4 and 256 ram. i want share dot matrix printer installed on windows 2000 prof. with sco openserver 5.0.5. plz help me to comeout from this trouble. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_shivage
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: print on printer on another machine (host)

Hi all,sorry for my english but i don't speak it very well. I have a problem, i need to print a file from a unix machine to a printer on another unix machine (with another host). I think that it's possible making a connection with telnet to this machine and after to print on the machine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giugy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

8. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying to share a folder between windows machine and VM

I was following the guide I found here for doing this and I reached the step where I added myself to the vboxsf group but I am still getting a permissions denied message when I try to get into the folder: ubuntu12@ubuntu12-VirtualBox: /media$ cd sf_Shared_files/ bash: cd: sf_Shared_files/:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
0 Replies
cups-config(1)							    Apple Inc.							    cups-config(1)

NAME
cups-config - get cups api, compiler, directory, and link information. SYNOPSIS
cups-config --api-version cups-config --build cups-config --cflags cups-config --datadir cups-config --help cups-config --ldflags cups-config [ --image ] [ --static ] --libs cups-config --serverbin cups-config --serverroot cups-config --version DESCRIPTION
cups-config is the CUPS program configuration utility. It should be used by application developers to determine the necessary command-line options for the compiler and linker, as well as determining installation directories for filters, configuration files, and drivers. OPTIONS
--api-version Displays the current API version (major.minor). --build Displays a system-specific build number. --cflags Displays the necessary compiler options. --datadir Displays the default CUPS data directory. --help Displays the program usage message. --image When used with --libs, adds the CUPS imaging library to the list of displayed libraries. --ldflags Displays the necessary linker options. --libs Displays the necessary librarys to link to. --serverbin Displays the default CUPS binary directory, where filters and backends are stored. --serverroot Displays the default CUPS configuration file directory. --static When used with --libs, shows the static libraries instead of the default (shared) libraries. --version Displays the full version number of the CUPS installation (major.minor.patch). SEE ALSO
http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 23 October 2008 CUPS cups-config(1)