Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS iDVD: Creating widescreen DVDs for standard size televisions Post 302258118 by Linux Bot on Thursday 13th of November 2008 11:20:04 PM
Old 11-14-2008
iDVD: Creating widescreen DVDs for standard size televisions

When you play a widescreen DVD on a standard size television, the text or buttons on a widescreen menu may approach the edge of the display, or appear cut-off.

More from Apple OS X Support ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expanding standard terminal size

what is the Ksh syntax to expand/change the geometry of the running terminal window? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating data of size

Hello, I need to create 100kb,1000kb,10000kb etc files of no particular substance but I need them a exact size. I think they are .dat's I need but im unsure of the command I issue to create them Any help appreciated :) Mr Pink (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to correctly allocate size while creating FileSystem

Hello - I am finding difficulty in creating and allocating correct size to File Systems on solarix x86 box. Please see below contents I followed on screen and in the end It shows that /app file system is created of size 135GB , I wanted it to be 30gb as mentioned during 'format' command in 'Enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
7 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating filesystem of 2MB size

Hi all, I would like to ask on how to create 2MB partition on a Compact Flash card. It supposed to be of FAT12 type, and the CF capacity is 4GB. I try to do the partitioning and specify the size as 2MB but the partition editor automatically resize it to 8MB. I know that this is possible and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: archayl
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating directory with specific size?

Hello world, I just learnt we can create a directory with custom size in a Linux server (say Redhat). Is it true? I'm asking because the only data (I can think of) a directory's inode holds is the files and 'sub-dir's. How can a new empty directory be of some required size? :wall: PS : In... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a blank string of a specified size

I want to have a string which has n blank spaces For example set N = 3 create str = " " So the length depends on the value of N. I am in tcsh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)