Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security Advisories (RSS) T-021: libspf2 DNS TXT Vulnerability Post 302258073 by Linux Bot on Thursday 13th of November 2008 09:10:06 PM
Old 11-13-2008
T-021: libspf2 DNS TXT Vulnerability

libspf2 contains a buffer overflow vulnerability in code that parses DNS TXT records. An SPF record is a DNS Resource Record (RR) that declares which hosts are, and are not, authorized to use a domain name for the "HELO" and "MAIL FROM" identities. The risk is MEDIUM. This vulnerability could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on a system running libspf2.

More...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In BIND 9.3 DNS trying to get past the 256 char limit in SPF TXT records

One way I was told to do was incase strings in quotes. But I was given this option if I can get it to work. Will this work for splitting up SPF records? I am try to make bx.example.com reference spf.eu.***, spfa.eu.***, spfb.eu.***, and spfc.eu.***. spf.eu.example.com 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanx
0 Replies
Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists - SPF record "exists" mechanism class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists represents an SPF record mechanism of type "exists". Constructors The following constructors are provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists Creates a new SPF record "exists" mechanism object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: qualifier domain_spec See "new" in Mail::SPF::Mech. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidMech Creates a new SPF record "exists" mechanism object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: default_qualifier qualifier_pattern See "Class methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. name: returns string Returns 'exists'. name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a mechanism name of 'exists'. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text qualifier params stringify See "Instance methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. domain_spec: returns Mail::SPF::MacroString Returns the "domain-spec" parameter of the mechanism. match($server, $request): returns boolean Checks whether a DNS "A" record exists for the mechanism's target domain name, and returns true if one does, or false otherwise. See RFC 4408, 5.7, for details. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Mech <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)