Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS USB and FireWire Quick Assist Post 302258064 by Linux Bot on Thursday 13th of November 2008 08:20:05 PM
Old 11-13-2008
USB and FireWire Quick Assist

When it comes to thinking outside the box in the computer world, there are plenty of devices vying for your eyes. So just how do you connect all those iPods, printers, digital cameras, hard drives, DV cameras, audio interfaces, hubs, and other assorted peripherals to your Mac? Look no further than your computer's USB and FireWire ports.If it's devices that you want to connect, this article will help you get things up and running quick. And if you run into any trouble, we show you how to solve any issues that might pop up.

More from Apple OS X Support ...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

How to mount a firewire drive?

Hi, I have a firewire external hard drive that I've been using on a Mac but now want to use on my desktop computer that runs on Solaris 10, but when I plug it into the firewire port, nothing happens. I just assumed that it would mount automatically like a USB device but it doesn't. Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breanne
7 Replies
GPHOTOFS(1)						      Debian GNU/Linux manual						       GPHOTOFS(1)

NAME
gphotofs - filesystem to mount digital cameras DESCRIPTION
GPhotoFS is a filesystem client based on libgphoto2 that exposes supported cameras as filesystems; while some cameras implement the USB Mass Storage class and already appear as filesystems (making this program redundant), many use the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) or some other custom protocol. But as long as the camera is supported by libgphoto2, it can be mounted as a filesystem using this program. As libgphoto2 is a userspace library for interacting with cameras, it is natural that if one to build a filesystem ontop of it, one should use FUSE, and that is what I have done. SYNOPSIS
mounting gphotofs <mountpoint> unmounting fusermount -u <mountpoint> NOTES
You must have permission to read and write the device. By default, devices recognized by libgphoto2 are created with read/write access for group "plugdev", so users must be added to this group to use GPhotoFS. LIMITATIONS
GPhotoFS currently can't add or remove directories, rename files or directories, add or modify files and get space information. SEE ALSO
fusermount(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, but may be used by others under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. Debian Project 2011-07-17 GPHOTOFS(1)