Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries? Post 302257995 by f.ben.isaac on Thursday 13th of November 2008 02:24:28 PM
Old 11-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
That's the job of the assembler. It converts hex strings to machine code in the instruction set of the mpu and ofcourse the separation of data and instructions.

Can you give an example of instruction set of the mpu? Does it look like:
ADD, JMP, etc? If yes, then ADD need to be translated too unless if it inserted directly as 110010 101001 (ADD #), something like that....

Ok assume, we wrote the code from the keyboard in binaries, so kept writing such as 101001 110110 10110100, refers to ADD AX, etc. Can my machine just grab this binaries without the help of any compiler?

I guess the only way to fully understand it, i have to take hardware, and compiler construction courses.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your help members! Well Said, Well Answered

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says. I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
2 Replies
SERVER(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER SERVER(7) NAME
ALTER_SERVER - change the definition of a foreign server SYNOPSIS
ALTER SERVER name [ VERSION 'new_version' ] [ OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) ] ALTER SERVER name OWNER TO new_owner ALTER SERVER name RENAME TO new_name DESCRIPTION
ALTER SERVER changes the definition of a foreign server. The first form changes the server version string or the generic options of the server (at least one clause is required). The second form changes the owner of the server. To alter the server you must be the owner of the server. Additionally to alter the owner, you must own the server and also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and you must have USAGE privilege on the server's foreign-data wrapper. (Note that superusers satisfy all these criteria automatically.) PARAMETERS
name The name of an existing server. new_version New server version. OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) Change options for the server. ADD, SET, and DROP specify the action to be performed. ADD is assumed if no operation is explicitly specified. Option names must be unique; names and values are also validated using the server's foreign-data wrapper library. new_owner The user name of the new owner of the foreign server. new_name The new name for the foreign server. EXAMPLES
Alter server foo, add connection options: ALTER SERVER foo OPTIONS (host 'foo', dbname 'foodb'); Alter server foo, change version, change host option: ALTER SERVER foo VERSION '8.4' OPTIONS (SET host 'baz'); COMPATIBILITY
ALTER SERVER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). The OWNER TO and RENAME forms are PostgreSQL extensions. SEE ALSO
CREATE SERVER (CREATE_SERVER(7)), DROP SERVER (DROP_SERVER(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER SERVER(7)