Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris error in removing the package Post 302257969 by juheimbu on Thursday 13th of November 2008 01:13:42 PM
Old 11-13-2008
What do you get from:

Code:
pkginfo|grep "^gcc"

Perhaps you're mistyping the pkgname?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing package.

i am in d process of buidling qmail on my freebsd. I am through except that i cannot run qmailctl effectively because i had a problem installing daemontools. i was unable to run this command line; patch < /usr/local/src/netqmail−1.04/other−patches/daemontools−0.76.errno.patch and i beleive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing a package in unix

I have a package that i'm going to be adding...i wanted to make sure i knew how to remove it prior to instalation.. expect-5.40-sol8-sparc-local.gz pkgadd -d ./expectpkg/ would the command to remove this package be... pkgrm expect-5.40-sol8-sparc-local or is the package instance not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
5 Replies

3. Solaris

package error

dears kindly i give this error when i load package in solaris to oracle db SQL> @ typfc_pb.sql Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors. SQL> show error Errors for PACKAGE BODY TYPFC_P: LINE/COL ERROR --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

package error

Hi , I want to create a package with the help of rpm command. command:/usr/lib/rpm/rpmb -bb -v ./pogo.spec >> ./pogo_rpm 1.pogo.spec file contains all the package information along with what files and directories are required for the package 2.pogo_rpm is the file which contains the build and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rasmita
0 Replies

5. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke oracle package error?

My sh scripts is : sqlplus -S "user/pwd@server" <<!! SET SQLPROMPT exec IN_PROC_TEST; !! It prompt 'PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.' but not execute actually :mad: I run this procedure in sqlplus, no problem and I also could execute simple DDL in this sh script, but why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewknight
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)