Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Why didn't she panic? (Sol 10 + SVM + HDS) Post 302257960 by MikaBaghinen on Thursday 13th of November 2008 12:03:41 PM
Old 11-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressy
isn't that normal? ... the panic option you can set with mount (onerror=), specifies the action about inconsistency filesystems, but not if the box can't reach the fs... i tried that some times and it did nothing, also saw retries in the log... there is a new option in sun cluster 3.2 called "reboot_on_path_failure" to prevent such issues....

# clnode set -p reboot_on_path_failure=enabled <node1> <node2>

rgds
- pressy
My understanding is, that a system should panic whenever cached data cannot be written to a disk device.

This is why I think the "retryable" qualifier in /var/adm/messages is the culprit. Smilie

Anyhow - thanks for all replies!

Groetjes

Mika

###

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script didn;t work in cron !!! @_@

Hi all, I am writing a script to monitor some processes existence in the system. It works perfectly by running the script manually in commend line. However, when I put it under cron to run it failed. Everything time when the variable is null in the if statment. it failed and quitted. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starce didn't work

Hello, I am learning to debug in sgi-Irix6.5, after a core dump, I was adviced to perform a "strace", but I got the following information: ERROR: tracer already exists what shall I do now? Thanks a lot Daniel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
0 Replies

3. SCO

Add HDs while preserving the data

I am a 10 years windows person with basic unix training (very basic). I have a sco server where it originally had 3 physical drives. Drive 0 had to be replaced so I did that but because I am really new to Unix I was afraid to detroy the data on DRIVE 1 and 2, so I took them out when I loaded the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenry
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

5. AIX

Attaching HDS External storage to AIX Servers

Hi guys, I am newbie to AIX. We are planning to attach external HDS array to AIX servers where VCS in installed. Anyone know step by step procedure for attaching and detaching HDS array?. If yes, please post reply for the same. Thanks in advance guys. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prtaix
5 Replies

6. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VCS triggerring panic on 1 node, root disk under SVM

We have two node cluster with OS disk mirrored under SVM. There is slight disk problem on one of the mirror disk causing cluster to panic. Failure of one mirror disk causing VCS to panic the node. Why VCS is not able to write /var filesystem, as one of the disk is healthy. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amlanroy
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Didn't find a suggestion thread

An 'addition' to the "Homework & Classes" requirements.. As i am someone without paper, i just figured i got tempred reading such a question. To avoid such 'feelings' in future, i'd be thankfull if the 'kind & definition of the course' would be required too. As in (i dont know about proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Crontab] didn't work

Hello, Here is my crontab # Reboot one Sunday out of 2 at 02:00 0 2 * * 0/2 /usr/bin/reboot 2017-04-16 2017-04-23 2017-04-30 and so on I tested my crontab here, it seems to work Http://cron.schlitt.info/index.php?c...=100&test=Test However on my distrib linux mageďa When I register... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies
mount.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						    mount.ocfs2(8)

NAME
mount.ocfs2 - mount an OCFS2 filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount.ocfs2 [-vn] [-o options] device dir DESCRIPTION
mount.ocfs2 mounts an OCFS2 filesystem at dir. It is usually invoked indirectly by the mount(8) command when using the -t ocfs2 option. OPTIONS
_netdev The filesystem resides on a device that requires network access (used to prevent the system from attempting to mount these filesys- tems until the network has been enabled on the system). mount.ocfs2 transparently appends this option during mount. However, users mounting the volume via /etc/fstab must explicitly specify this mount option to delay the system from mounting the volume until after the network has been enabled. atime_quantum=nrsec The file system will not update atime unless this number of seconds has passed since the last update. Set to zero to always update atime. It defaults to 60 secs. relatime The file system only update atime if the previous atime is older than mtime or ctime. noatime The file system will not update access time. acl / noacl Enables / disables POSIX ACLs (Access Control Lists) support. user_xattr / nouser_xattr Enables / disables Extended User Attributes. commit=nrsec Sync all data and metadata every nrsec seconds. The default value is 5 seconds. Zero means default. data=ordered / data=writeback Specifies the handling of file data during metadata journalling. ordered This is the default mode. All data is forced directly out to the main file system prior to its metadata being committed to the journal. writeback Data ordering is not preserved - data may be written into the main file system after its metadata has been committed to the journal. This is rumored to be the highest-throughput option. While it guarantees internal file system integrity, it can allow old data to appear in files after a crash and journal recovery. datavolume This mount option has been deprecated in OCFS2 1.6. It has been used in the past (OCFS2 1.2 and OCFS2 1.4), to force the Oracle RDBMS to issue direct IOs to the hosted data files, control files, redo logs, archive logs, voting disk, cluster registry, etc. It has been deprecated because it is no longer required. Oracle RDBMS users should instead use the init.ora parameter, filesys- temio_options, to enable direct IOs. errors=remount-ro / errors=panic Define the behavior when an error is encountered. (Either remount the file system read-only, or panic and halt the system.) By default, the file system is remounted read only. localflocks This disables cluster-aware flock(2). intr / nointr The default is intr that allows signals to interrupt cluster operations. nointr disables signals during cluster operations. ro Mount the file system read-only. rw Mount the file system read-write. SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 mount.ocfs2(8)