Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file Post 302257928 by pingnagan on Thursday 13th of November 2008 11:21:53 AM
Old 11-13-2008
thanks,

as you said, yes i can cron, but my tricky thing is to know the directory as well i.e

/usr/fl/log/*....something...*/console.txt

here both the * are the variables that may change any time nather created when the other application is invoked.

Im good at troubleshooting, but new to scripting, so i think im explaining in a better way.

so the task would also involve finding the newly created directory on a periodic basis and the browse the console.txt file, then grep the particular line that has been there and then touch that to the file.

for fine tuning i think i should try to add the time when the directory was created in the new log file, so that i get a proper history after a due course of time..............

thanks in advance pals............. see u soonSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read relevent details from Log File

Hi All, We have requirement to read XML details from large Log File and save in new file name. I have enclosed the sample xml which has start tag <OUTBOUND_MESSAGE xmlns="http://www.abc.com"> and the end tag as </OUTBOUND_MESSAGE> The log file contains many lines with other details which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging SFTP details in a log file...

hi all..... i want to know how to log the details when logging into a server using SFTP......in FTP i used something like (ftp -uv<xxx.srp>>log_file.log) where the details will be logged to log_file...is there any options for doing the same in SFTP....i wanted to display the details abt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for parsing 300mb log file..

am relatively new to Shell scripting. I have written a script for parsing a big file. The logic is: Apart from lot of other useless stuffs, there are many occurances of <abc> and corresponding </abc> tags. (All of them are properly closed) My requirement is to find a particular tag (say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script parsing a log file

I have a large log file, which I want to first use grep to get the specific lines then send it to awk to print out the specific column and if the result is zero, don't do anything. What I have so far is: LOGDIR=/usr/local/oracle/Transcription/log ERRDIR=/home/edixftp/errors #I want to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevasquez
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Parsing Log File

Working on a script that inputs an IP, parses and outputs to another file. A Sample of the log is as follows: I need the script to be able to input IP and print the data in an output file in the following format or something similar: Thanks for any help you can give me! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk script parsing log file

Hello All, I am trying to parse a log file and i got this code from one of the good forum colleagues, However i realised later there is a problem with this awk script, being naive to awk world wanted to see if you guys can help me out. AWK script: awk '$1 ~ "^WRITER_" {p=1;next}... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to log file processing details to database table usnig UNIX shell script?

we are getting files on daily basis.we need to process these files. i need a unix shell script where we can count 1-The no of files processed 2-No of data/record processed for each files. The script should log these details into a database table. If there is any error while file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atul kumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a log file and creating a report script

The log file is huge and lot of information, i would like to parse and make a report . below is the log file looks like: REPORT DATE: Mon Aug 10 04:16:17 CDT 2017 SYSTEN VER: v1.3.0.9 TERMINAL TYPE: prod SYSTEM: nb11cu51 UPTIME: 04:16AM up 182 days 57 mins min MODEL, TYPE, and SN:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fetching address and user details from log file

Hi All, I have a requirement to get the address values from a large log file along with the user details. line1,line2,city,stateCode,postalCode,countryCode. The below code as advised in the earlier post is giving the user data zgrep -B1 "Failed to calculate Tax" log.2018-05-23.gz | grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)