Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries? Post 302257865 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 13th of November 2008 08:30:16 AM
Old 11-13-2008
You are asking the chicken & egg question - which comes first?
You can write a binary executable directly in hex, so very early assemblers (which are compilers) were written that way. There also were link editors as well. ld for example.

I like Corona's explanation. I think at one time I read that as well.

Most compilers are based on lex & yacc. Read about those.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says. I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
2 Replies
CHICKEN-UNINSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual					      CHICKEN-UNINSTALL(1)

NAME
chicken-uninstall - uninstall extension library SYNOPSIS
chicken-uninstall [OPTION | PATTERN] ... DESCRIPTION
chicken-uninstall removes one or more already installed extension libraries for the CHICKEN Scheme system. PATTERN may be a regular expression naming multiple extensions or just an extension name. OPTIONS
Enter chicken-uninstall -help for a list of supported command-line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CHICKEN_PREFIX The installation prefix where CHICKEN Scheme and its support files and libraries are located. Defaults to the installation time pre- fix given when configuring the system. CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX An alternative installation prefix that will be prepended to extension installation paths if specified. CHICKEN_REPOSITORY The path where extension libraries are installed. Defaults to the package-library path selected during configuration (usually /var/lib/chicken/<binary-version> ) DOCUMENTATION
More information can be found in the CHICKEN User's Manual BUGS
Submit bug reports by e-mail to chicken-janitors@nongnu.org , preferrably using the chicken-bug tool. AUTHORS
The CHICKEN Team SEE ALSO
chicken-install(1) chicken-status(1) chicken(1) chicken-bug(1) 13 Aug 2008 CHICKEN-UNINSTALL(1)