Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Sybase Installation on Ubuntu Post 302257854 by siba.s.nayak on Thursday 13th of November 2008 07:59:57 AM
Old 11-13-2008
Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi,

Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1?

Thanks & Regards,
Siba Sankar Nayak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris installation with Ubuntu and XP there..

Hi, i have for this moment Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP2 and of course the grub loader for starting them. I donwloaded Solaris 10.5 and intend to install it but i want to know if it will rewrite the grub loader i use now (and if, it will detect all OS?) or just append the new Solaris - any case would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cosmin B
11 Replies

2. AIX

Check Sybase installation

Hi, How do i check if Sybase is installed on aix..The sybase guy is doing remote installation and i need to check if he has installed sybase or not. ive tried the following approaches. #lslpp -L "*Sybase*" # tried other strings like "*ybase*" , "*base*" #lslpp -ha |grep syb # tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04: Sybase with Perl Segmentation Fault

Hi, Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04 Other Packages Installed: freetds,DBI,DBD-Sybase I am trying to connect to SYBASE using perl programming..But the moment I am executing my perl program it throws a SEGMENTATION FAULT error. I have attached strace output for the same... Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnkatara
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problem in Ubuntu

ins this a common problem , whenever i try installing a new package or software i usually get this failure msg: Setting up dsc-statistics-collector (201203250530-1) ... Adding system user Warning: The home dir /home/Debian-dsc-statistics you specified already exists. The system user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshanshu
3 Replies

6. Web Development

PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat /usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ??? please someone guide me to start php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Installation??? How to install Ubuntu on windows 7

guys tell me steps to install ubunto of linux kali over windows 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roshan4u
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Bad system call (core dumped) Solaris 11.2 (installation of Sybase 12.5.4)

Dear all, I am trying to install Sybase ASE 12.5.4 on a Sun OS Solaris 11.2 (sparcv9) machine but I am getting the following messages when launching the setup file : -bash-4.1$ ./setup InstallShield Wizard Initializing InstallShield Wizard... Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clement_te
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies
i8kctl(1)							     Utilities								 i8kctl(1)

NAME
I8kctl, i8kfan - Utility to access SMM BIOS on Dell Inspiron laptops SYNTAX
i8kctl [<command> [<args>]] i8kfan [<left> [<right>]] DESCRIPTION
The i8kctl utility provides a command-line interface to the i8k kernel driver for Dell Inspiron laptops. When invoked without arguments the program reports the same information which can be read from the /proc/i8k file: 1. i8k format version 2. bios version 3. machine id 4. cpu temperature 5. left fan status 6. right fan status 7. left fan speed 8. right fan speed 9. ac power status 10. fn buttons status The optional command argument can be used to select only one of the above items. Command can be: version, bios, id, temp, fan, speed, ac and fn. Examples: $ i8kctl 1.0 A17 B5W123K 52 2 1 8040 6420 1 2 $ i8kctl temp 52 $ i8kctl fan 2 1 The fan command can accept two optional parameters which specify the new fan state for left and right fans. The state parameter can be: 0 turn the fan off 1 set low speed 2 set high speed - don't change the state of this fan For example the command: $ i8kctl fan - 2 sets the right fan to high speed and leaves the left unchanged. It should be noted that if the i8kmon(1) daemon is used to control the fans, setting the speed with i8kfan is pointless since the daemon will override the speed with its own value. Invoking i8kctl as i8kfan is the same as invoking the program with the fan option: $ i8kctl fan 1 2 1 2 $ i8kfan 1 2 1 2 FILES
/proc/i8k AUTHORS
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org> COPYRIGHT
i8kctl and all the i8kutils programs , scripts and other files are distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. SEE ALSO
i8kmon(1), i8kbuttons(1) Massimo Dal Zotto 18 March 2002 i8kctl(1)