Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Peculiar permission problem
Operating Systems AIX Peculiar permission problem Post 302257802 by Perderabo on Thursday 13th of November 2008 05:40:24 AM
Old 11-13-2008
I'm not sure how this is happening then. Does /usr/bin/pwd work when you first log in? I guess I would try to find which directory is unreadable bu doing:
cd .. ; /usr/bin/pwd
until it works. This might give a clue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission problem

I have a crontab job that runs a database backup and directs the output to a log. I ran the job, and the output log file was created with no problems, but now if I try and run the same job again, I keep getting a file exists error. The permissions are: -rw-rw-r-- I also tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
2 Replies

2. Linux

SUSE9.1 Peculiar Gigabit Lan performance.

I'm having some peculiar performance issues with my Gigabit Lan. I have some 100Mb devices so I can't do the necessary "jumbo Frame" tweaks for absolute optimum performance as I'd prevent them access. I'm getting appauling transfer rates sending files to the linux machine, around 10 Mbps 3%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Permission problem

I am having problems editing my options and profile etc. Whenever i do, i am getting a message that says I don't have any permissions. Can u tell me a solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyrak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a peculiar error with sftp

Whenever I sftped a particular gzipped file to a particular directory and then try to unzip it, I get Permission Denied error. With this file even I cannot do chmod. though the file permissions are -rw-r--r-- When same file I sftp to a different location I am able to gunzip it. Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin permission problem

I can't figure out why cygwin won't let me write a file to this directory. Any ideas? $ id uid=1007(jdbaldwin) gid=513(None) groups=513(None),0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users) $ ls -lad . drwxrwxrwx+ 1 jdbaldwin None 0 2010-09-29 12:47 . $ touch x touch: cannot touch `x': Permission... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdbaldwin
3 Replies

9. Slackware

K3b permission problem

When I set up to backup /home to a DVD I am incurring a problem with K3B ver. 2.0.2 saying I (root) has insufficient privileges to access /home/myuser/hp-check.log file. It also does this to the lost+found files for /home and /opt. I am root and the file/directory has read+write privs for root.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies

10. Linux

Peculiar behavior due to IFS

aa=| echo $aa The above echo works but the below echo fails. Why please? IFS=: aa=| echo $aa echo $IFS The later 'echo' command will work if variable is put in codes. echo "$aa" echo "$IFS" I summarize that when IFS is set to ':' or '|', echo used with variable doesn't work unless... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
22 Replies
PCIC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   PCIC(4)

NAME
pcic -- PC Card bridge driver SYNOPSIS
device pcic device pccard DESCRIPTION
The pcic driver provides support for older ISA and non-Yenta PCI PC Card bridges. The pcic driver supports most ExCA devices attached to the ISA bus or PCI devices that do not conform to the Yenta specification. The following ISA devices, or true clones, are supported in the current code. Intel i82365SL Step A Intel i82365SL Step B Intel i82365SL Step C Intel's original 16-bit PC Card controller. Intel i82365SL-DF Intel's last version of this device. 3.3V support was added. VLSI 82C146 An older VLSI part with some issues on some machines. Cirrus Logic PD-6710 Cirrus Logic PD-6720 Cirrus Logic PD-6722 Cirrus Logic's pcic controller. Compatible with the i82365SL Step C with the addition of a different 3.3V control. Ricoh RF5C296 Ricoh RF5C396 Ricoh's PC Card bridge chips. These are compatible with the i82365SL Step C, but with yet another different 3.3V con- trol. Vadem 365 Vadem 465 Compatible with i82365SL Step C. Vadem 468 Vadem 469 Like the earlier Vadem models, but with Vadem's own, incompatible, 3.3V control system. IBM PCIC IBM clone of the original i82365SL part, with its own ID register value. Has no 3.3V ability. Many other vendors made parts in this arena, but most of them were compatible with one of the above chipsets. The following PCI pcmcia bridges are supported: Cirrus Logic PD6729 Cirrus Logic PD6730 O2micro OZ6729 O2micro OZ6730 BUGS
This does not work at all at the moment. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD