Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install Solaris 10 with an internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid card Post 302257785 by lowbyte on Thursday 13th of November 2008 04:52:28 AM
Old 11-13-2008
Hi,

the only way is network installation, cause you must first
setup the logical drives on the hba. Therfore you have to
boot via network and install the drivers from the cd, which
is at the ship kit.
After building the drives you will be able to install the os.

CU
lowbyte

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

istall sas raid HBA internal card

I need to install a raid HBA internal card on a T5240. The reason is I have more drives and the current mother board controller does not support more than 4 drives. My question is I have raidctl set up on current drives. If I install new HBA card do I have to delete current raidctl and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun internal disks and HBA card

I have a V490 that has couple internal disks attached to the same dual-port HBA card that I'm planning attach to the SAN for additional storage. Would I sacrifice performance if I use the same HBA? Is it better to throw in a new HBA instead? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installing solaris with StorageTek SAS RAID Internal HBA

i was given a task which needs to perform a raid 1 on the boot disk, and 4 other disks on raid 10. Is there any other alternative in installing solaris 10 other than through network installation?will be using solaris update 6. while reading through the user guide i got pretty confuse. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monstar1407
1 Replies

4. Solaris

T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends, I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

5. Solaris

After update Solaris version, HBA driver still need to install?

Hi all I had update a server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is it the HBA driver still need to reinstall? since i can get the driver info as below: root@sgerpdev # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000003ba9b58a3 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to disable an unused HBA card

Dear all, I have a new Oracle Blade X4-2B server, running Solaris 10. The server comes with a HBA card that will not be used now. It has not fibers connected to it. As a consequence, its leds never stop flashing. My question is: how to disable this HBA card, without removing it physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gus1971
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)