Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files? Post 302257758 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 13th of November 2008 03:16:48 AM
Old 11-13-2008
using sed:
Code:
sed -i -e '/Calls/d' BGH.28OCT2008.*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help--script to filter specific lines from multiple txt files

Hi folks, - I have 800 txt files - those files are cisco router configs router1.txt router2.txt ... router800.txt I want to accomplish the following: - I want to have a seperate file with all the filenames that I want to process - I want a script that goes trough all those... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare and Remove duplicate lines from txt

Hello, I am a total linux newbie and I can't seem to find a solution to this little problem. I have two text files with a huge list of URLS. Let's call them file1.txt and file2.txt What I want to do is grab an URL from file2.txt, search file1.txt for the URL and if found, delete it from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarcano
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of *.txt files which have over n lines?

Can you help me please? I know that wc -l *.txt gives you the number of lines in each file. But how can i count the files that have over n lines? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove characters from multiple .txt files

Friends, I want to remove charecters from multiple .txt files. Foe example : In this .txt files there are many "ctrl m" present in last of each line in one .txt file. I want to remove "ctrl m" from each line from all .txt files. Need your help regarding this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsubhas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with contents of a txt file containing multiple lines of strings

Hello everyone, ive been trying to replace a string "kw01" in an xml file with the contents of a txt file having multiple lines. im a unix newbie and all the sed combinations i tried resulted to being garbled. Below is the contents of the txt file: RAISEDATTIME --------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two .txt files by alternating x lines from file 1 and y lines from file2

Hi everyone, I have two files (A and B) and want to combine them to one by always taking 10 rows from file A and subsequently 6 lines from file B. This process shall be repeated 40 times (file A = 400 lines; file B = 240 lines). Does anybody have an idea how to do that using perl, awk or sed?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ink_LE
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove degree symbol from the TXT files?

I have TXT files to process but they contain the degree symbols in them due to which the processing program fails on these files. I want a unix command that will remove the degree symbols from these files. I tried using the sed command: sed 's///g' filename but it did not work. This issue... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: khedu
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting arguments in a script to multiple lines in a .txt file

Ok hope my vocab is right here, i'm trying to write multiple sets of arguments to another file for example: I have a script that accepts four arguments and sends them to a another file $write.sh it then out in so the file receiver.txt would contain this: it then out in what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To Remove multiple new lines

Hi , I have file which consists of multiple new lines. I need to identify the new line in every row of the file and remove it. It is having record delimiter as "|" and final delimiter of the line is "end" Can anyone from the forum suggest me how to remove the news lines from entire file? example... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)