Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file creation
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users file creation Post 302257722 by yahyaaa on Thursday 13th of November 2008 12:24:41 AM
Old 11-13-2008
Duplicate !!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get data creation file

Hi, I've two machine A and B. On the machine B there's a script that get with an ftp command a file on the A machine. I want that creation data file on the machine B is the creation data file on the machine A. Example: File text.txt on machine A created on 01/01/2006 11:00. The script on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superfabius
1 Replies

2. Linux

creation of a file

how to create a file with the same modification time as another file is having using the copy command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies

3. Solaris

File creation problem

Hi to all, I am facing a strange problem on the Solaris-10 server. I am unable to create/write files on the server. After writing, when I go for the save, then it gives me and 'jag: I/O error'..where 'jag' is a file name. Please suggest me... Regards, Jagdish Machhi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file creation

hi guys Kindly see the below script #!/bin/bash if then # check to see if file notrouter exits or not if ! ls -l notrouter /root/joy/ >/dev/null then touch /root/joy/notrouter else echo "Entries already exist" fi else echo "Entries does not exist" fi here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

5. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File creation permissions

Hi Guys, Am new worker with the AIX , i need your help please. i have an AIX server , and i have folder with permission 775 . i need any file that added to this folder to get the same permission of the folder (755) . this folder is used for auditing . users used to delete the files in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu7maid2005
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation

Hi I need to write a file with value value from Paramer which is passed from datastage. It should overwrite the file if already exists. Can anybody provide command for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnrj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creation of parameter file

Hi Guys, I have a parameter file. Sample of it as below: Name=unix Country=United States I want the output as follows -param Name=unix -param Country='United States' I am able to achieve appending the "-param" in front. But unable to append single quotes (') before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies