Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A C++ programing Shell on Win Post 302257623 by Corona688 on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 05:06:47 PM
Old 11-12-2008
You can get win32 ports of many common UNIX commandline utilities including but not restricted to sed, cat, tar, and some sort of shell from the UnxUtils project.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Remote shell with Win 2000

I need to use the RSH command to run a shell script on my Unix box from Win 2000. I'm using the etc/hosts.equiv file for configuring Unix. In it I have the hostname and username as required. As a test, I enter the following on the Win 2000 dos command: rsh servername -l username df -k. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebergh
8 Replies

2. Programming

Win programing

I am having a windows and i would like to know whitch program do you prefer for programing in windows P.S. C++ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.Borak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutex in shell programing

A shell in crontab per 5 min write a file B shell in crontab per 6 min read a file how to lock the share file a ;avioid confilict in write and read? Thx : -) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zz_xm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files in shell programing

Hi folks, In our product installation program we edit xml files by deleting lines and appending new lines instead of them. For example: update_Log4plsql_xml() { machineName=`uname -n` hostIP=`cat /etc/hosts | grep ${machineName} | cut -f1` trap 'clean_up | tee -a $installLog ; exit' 1 2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
0 Replies

5. Linux

Linux game programing or just shell scripting

Well Acording to my job... Anyhelp plz. I need some basic scripting stuff. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programing...

Hi... i need to write a shell script wich shows the full name and station of every logged user in the system. pls help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: relu89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programing with awk Tool

I'm working on a program in with shell programming and it needs to be able to delete the contents of files in the Home directory on certain days of the week.(like tuesday). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Taffy. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taffy
7 Replies

8. Programming

Shell programing to implement SQL package

hi all, i have a table with employee details like his name,addr,DOB etc. i need a shell program which takes one date as input from user and print the employees whose DOB is less than that date. in sql package the select query is written (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with shell programing script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: operator
5 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)