Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gdb:
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Gdb: Post 302257468 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 09:35:03 AM
Old 11-12-2008
use the file command
Code:
file core

Most versions of file will identify the executable image the core came from.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GDB or DBX??

Which is better?? I have always been a gdb fan.. But ppl say dbx is beter better for debugging the core.. Do all GDB lovers agree to it??? :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Programming

gdb command

I'm having problem understanding the how to use gdb command to debug my program. Can anyone give me some suggestion how to start, and examples. I read the manual in unix...I'm still confuse. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

gdb for HPUX 11.23

Hi, I'm trying to debug my gcc compiled code on my HPUX 11.23 (Itanium). I searched the machine to find something that looks like a compiler, and what I found was : adb (a bit unfriendly for debugging) kwdb (I understand this is a kernel debugger) gdb32 gdb64 gdbpa When I run either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimon
0 Replies

4. Solaris

gdb for SunOS 5.6

I want to install gdb on SunOS 5.6 machine. Where can i download from ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a core file generated and I am not sure for which Binary it is generated . Can I use gdb to debug the core file ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Gdb

Hi All, I am trying to execute a binary and it is giving Segmentation Fault. Can I use gdb to debug this error? Secondly there is no core file generated , so when I an trying to run gdb with the binary only I am not able to set any breakpoints. When I am running the gdb and the I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

7. Programming

gdb not found

Hello, I am having problem with debugging my code. I am writing a C code and then I compile it with the Makefile. I make a target file and then copy it in my Robot(Khepera III) and then run the program over there. I compile it ofcorse on my machine and then copy the compiled file in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
10 Replies

8. Programming

gdb help

i have created some break points in gdb. let's say.... b sqlcxt how can i know the breakpoint name of sqlcxt ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

9. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

10. Programming

Gdb backtrace

Hi, all I try to understand the output from gdb Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. *** glibc detected *** /home/sys_cbo/dev/zif/bin/Debug/zifd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fffac04d3d0 *** how should i read this? (gdb) backtrace #0 0x0000003015e32925 in raise () from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huvcbo
1 Replies
gcore(1)							   User Commands							  gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
gcore [-pgF] [-o filename] [-c content] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for the process whose process ID is process-id will be core.process-id. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c content Produces core image files with the specified content. The content description uses the same tokens as in coreadm(1M). The -c option does not apply to cores produced due to the -p or -g flags. -F Force. Grabs the target process even if another process has control. -g Produces core image files in the global core file repository with the global content as configured by coreadm(1M). The com- mand will fail if the user does not have permissions to the global core file repository. -o filename Substitutes filename in place of core as the first part of the name of the core image files. filename can contain the same tokens to be expanded as the paths in coreadm(1M). -p Produces a core image file in the process-specific location with the process-specific content for each process as config- ured by coreadm(1M). The command will fail if the user does not have permissions to the per-process core file repository. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: process-id process ID EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 On success. non-zero On failure, such as non-existent process ID. FILES
core.process-id core images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Command Syntax is Evolving. Output Format(s) are Unstable. SEE ALSO
kill(1), coreadm(1M), setrlimit(2), core(4), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
gcore is unaffected by the setrlimit(2) system call using the RLIMIT_CORE value. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2004 gcore(1)