Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install gcc compiler on AIX? Post 302257415 by Shrek on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 05:50:51 AM
Old 11-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittu1979
I want to install gcc compiler on aix box.
$uname -a
AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000

Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ?
What is boot straping ?

Its urgent ..

Thanks in advance
Hey,

Search the gcc* packages in AIX installation media CDs or DVD.
Mount the media
Access the gcc directory on media.

# smitty installp

Enable the license option to yes.
The gcc package will be installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Perl DBI install with gcc compiler

I want to install the Perl DBI module on to my solaris ultra 10. Solaris ultra 10 does not come with a C compiler so I downloaded gcc compiler. Then I ran install as follows: # cd DBI-1.30 # ls blib DBI.xs Driver.xst Perl.c test.pl Changes dbi_sql.h ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. AIX

gcc compiler on AIX 5.2

Does anybody know a web site where I could download gcc for AIX 5.2 (I've downloaded gcc 3.2 from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, but it doesn't work)? Thanks a lot for your answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

6. AIX

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3 I download 5 rpm packages from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing and install them. rpm -ivh gcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libgcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libstdcplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zither
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to install gcc in AIX 5.3

Hello... I have downloaded RPM for gcc in a directly where I tried installing using rpm but it says the following /oracle/dB>rpm -iv gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm failed to open /var/opt/freeware/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: Permission denied error: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX xlc compiler vs gcc

Hello, We are migrating some applications from previously running on an AIX system to a Linux RedHat system. I was tasked with recompiling some of the code. Unfortunatly I am a big novice on this. So i have the commands used to compile the code with xlc compiler in the AIX environment and i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spooksman
0 Replies

10. AIX

Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2

We need gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 and so I tried to install the rpm package from IBM (<https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html>) The steps were as follows (I downloaded all packages from the given IBM toolbox page): # :-)rpm -ihv gcc-7.2.0-1.aix7.2.ppc.rpm error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies
sb2-init(1)							 sb2-init man page						       sb2-init(1)

NAME
sb2-init - initialize a target for scratchbox2 SYNOPSIS
sb2-init [OPTION]... [TARGETNAME] [COMPILER[:SPECS]] [SECONDARY_COMPILER...] DESCRIPTION
sb2-init initializes a target for scratchbox2. If no options or other parameters are given, already initialized targets are listed. A scratchbox2 target is simply a light-weight, symbolic name for a configuration set. A target does not contain anything that is active, like running processes; hence a user never "works inside a target". Instead, sessions are used for all active operations. Sessions are created by the sb2 command. sb2-init is expected to be run in the directory you want to use as the target root filesystem. TARGETNAME is the name of the target to initialize. If it refers to an existing target, then the target is re-initialized. Otherwise a new one is created. COMPILER is full path to a cross-compiler (gcc), of the form $HOME/arm-2006q3/bin/arm-linux-gcc. An optional SPECS parameter is path to the compiler specs file. If more than one compiler is specified, additional compilers are available by version number (e.g. if the primary is known as "gcc" and "gcc-4.1", the secondary may be "gcc-3.4", etc) Note that the compiler is usually used during the target creation process to determine CPU architecture of the target system. OPTIONS
-c "command" specify cpu transparency command, for example: "qemu-arm", "sbrsh" or "qemu-arm -R 256M". CPU transparency method is the program which is used to execute foreign binaries, that the host computer can not execute directly. -p "command" specify cpu transparency command for staticly linked native binaries. -r [hostname] generate sbrsh config using remote device address -l [hostname] NFS server/localhost address seen by remote device -d set target as default scratchbox2 target (default target can also be set later with the sb2-config command) -m [mapping_mode] use mapping_mode as default. Default for this is "simple" -h Print help. -n don't build libtool for the target -N don't generate localization files for the target -s skip checks for target root's /usr/include etc. -t [tools_dir] set directory containing the build tools distribution -C "options" add extra options for the compiler, for example: -C "-fgnu89-inline" -A arch manually override target architecture -M arch manually override machine name (see uname(2)). This defaults to the target architecture (see option -A) -v display version EXAMPLES
mkdir $HOME/buildroot cd $HOME/buildroot [fetch a rootfs from somewhere and extract it here] sb2-init -c qemu-arm TARGET /path/to/cross-compiler/bin/arm-linux-gcc FILES
$HOME/.scratchbox2/* SEE ALSO
sb2(1), sb2-config(1), qemu(1) BUGS
No known bugs at this time. AUTHORS
Lauri T. Aarnio 2.2 17 December 2010 sb2-init(1)