Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: High Performance Computing
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing High Performance Computing Post 302257407 by humbletech99 on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 04:52:04 AM
Old 11-12-2008
Thanks for the response. I did start reading those 2 sites.

I was also interested in people's opinions and experiences of any of the technologies surrounding Linux High Performance Clusters and parallel filesystems.

Is anybody out there using these technologies in production and what kinds of things are they doing and how?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

What does high performance computing mean?

Sorry, I am not really from a computer science background. But from the subject of it, does it mean something like multi processor programming? distributed computing? like using erlang? Sound like it, which excite me. I just had a 3 day crash course in erlang and "Cocurrency oriented programming"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
7 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

High performance Linkpack

hello everyone , Im new to HPL. i wanted to know whether High performance linpack solves linear system of equations for single precision airthmatic on LINUX. it works for double precision , so is there any HPL version which is for single precision.\ thanks . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_viz
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc

I've just been handed a hot potato from a colleague who left :(... our client has been complaining about slow performance on one of our servers. I'm not very experienced in investigating performance issues so I hoping someone will be so kind to provide some guidance Here is an overview of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies
MRTG2PCP(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						       MRTG2PCP(1)

NAME
mrtg2pcp - Import mrtg data and create a PCP archive SYNOPSIS
mrtg2pcp hostname devname timezone infile outfile DESCRIPTION
mrtg2pcp is intended to read an MRTG log file as created by mrtg(1) and translate this into a Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) archive with the basename outfile. The hostname, devname, and timezone arguments specify information about the system for which the statistics were gathered. The resultant PCP achive may be used with all the PCP client tools to graph subsets of the data using pmchart(1), perform data reduction and reporting, filter with the PCP inference engine pmie(1), etc. A series of physical files will be created with the prefix outfile. These are outfile.0 (the performance data), outfile.meta (the metadata that describes the performance data) and outfile.index (a temporal index to improve efficiency of replay operations for the archive). If any of these files exists already, then mrtg2pcp will not overwrite them and will exit with an error message of the form __pmLogNewFile: "blah.0" already exists, not over-written mrtg2pcp is a Perl script that uses the PCP::LogImport Perl wrapper around the PCP libpcp_import library, and as such could be used as an example to develop new tools to import other types of performance data and create PCP archives. SEE ALSO
logimport(3), PCP::LogImport(3pm), pmchart(1), pmie(1) pmlogger(1). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot MRTG2PCP(1)