Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install Solaris 10 with an internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid card Post 302257385 by kakabobo on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 03:35:52 AM
Old 11-12-2008
Install Solaris 10 with an internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid card

Hi all
i would like to ask some suggests about my next job!
I have to install a new Sun Netra T5220, with an additional internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid.

The problem come in if every disk is now controlled by the HBA, how can I install the OS?
No disk is being detected by the OS.
SAS card detected with no issue.

Is network install the only way out?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

istall sas raid HBA internal card

I need to install a raid HBA internal card on a T5240. The reason is I have more drives and the current mother board controller does not support more than 4 drives. My question is I have raidctl set up on current drives. If I install new HBA card do I have to delete current raidctl and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun internal disks and HBA card

I have a V490 that has couple internal disks attached to the same dual-port HBA card that I'm planning attach to the SAN for additional storage. Would I sacrifice performance if I use the same HBA? Is it better to throw in a new HBA instead? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installing solaris with StorageTek SAS RAID Internal HBA

i was given a task which needs to perform a raid 1 on the boot disk, and 4 other disks on raid 10. Is there any other alternative in installing solaris 10 other than through network installation?will be using solaris update 6. while reading through the user guide i got pretty confuse. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monstar1407
1 Replies

4. Solaris

T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends, I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

5. Solaris

After update Solaris version, HBA driver still need to install?

Hi all I had update a server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is it the HBA driver still need to reinstall? since i can get the driver info as below: root@sgerpdev # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000003ba9b58a3 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to disable an unused HBA card

Dear all, I have a new Oracle Blade X4-2B server, running Solaris 10. The server comes with a HBA card that will not be used now. It has not fibers connected to it. As a consequence, its leds never stop flashing. My question is: how to disable this HBA card, without removing it physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gus1971
2 Replies