Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers need to extract few lines from a file and put it in another file Post 302257370 by ganesh_248 on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 02:29:41 AM
Old 11-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyaaa
what is the desired output ? and what did you try so far ?

Regards
the desired output i want is

HSBC#1000#1,234.10#1,111.11#2#1 USD = 50 INR# ;
HDFC#2000#2,222.22#3,333.33#4#1 EUR = 60 INR# ;
SBI#100#200#300.00#8#1 GBP = 30 INR# ;

here # is not a comment but a delimiter....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

put the contents of this file into a variable with multiple lines

I have a file that contains the following lines the brown quick fox jumped over the white laze dog 0123456789 I wanted to put the contents of this file into a variable so I used this code: VAR_LIST=`cat $2` where $2 is the file name passed as an argument to the script If I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put two lines into one from file

Hello, I have a script that generates the following file named /tmp/rfkill: rf55 pts/13 Jul 10 06:38 (10.72.11.44) 15782 pts/13 5:07 b rf56 pts/15 Jul 10 06:53 (10.72.11.9) 18552 pts/15 0:28 b rf55 pts/39 Jul 10 09:12 (10.72.11.44) 19354 pts/39... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put lines of a file in an array with awk

Hello, Is there any way in awk to put every line of a file in an array and so we can like this print the line we want. For example, if we have this file aaa eee bbb fff ccc ggg ddd hhh So we can print to the output the 3rd line only ccc ggg If it is possible, please put the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns from a file if the name dont exist put blank

Hi, I am very new to Unix script. Suppose i have a file with column header: NAME1 NAME2 Address Tel And I always need to make a file with column header: ID NAME1 NAME2 EMail Address Tel For the columns that do not exist in the file, I would still like to make a column with blank. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightrider
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular lines from a file

Hi all, I have a file with many records with information as given below ID A16L2_HUMAN Reviewed; 619 AA. AC Q8NAA4; A5PL30; B2RPK5; Q658V4; Q6PID3; Q8NBG0; DT 20-MAY-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 20-MAY-2008, sequence version 2. DT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaav06
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain lines from a file?

Hi guys I have a several thousands line file in the following format: n817 -------------------------------------------------- n842 -------------------------------------------------- n877 -------------------------------------------------- n513 /bb/data/rmt2db.lrl:JBSKDB 31915 75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the lines from file A to end of lines in file B

I really can't figure this one out. I have 2 files, one file is a list of hostnames and the other is a list of their corresponding IPs: fileA: example.com another.org thirdie.net fileB: 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 I want to create a fileC that looks like: example.com 1.1.1.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zstar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies
AULAST:(8)						  System Administration Utilities						AULAST:(8)

NAME
aulast - a program similar to last SYNOPSIS
aulast [ options ] [ user ] [ tty ] DESCRIPTION
aulast is a program that prints out a listing of the last logged in users similarly to the program last and lastb. Aulast searches back through the audit logs or the given audit log file and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) based on the range of time in the audit logs. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case aulast will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus aulast 0 is the same as last tty0. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. The main difference that a user will notice is that aulast print events from oldest to newest, while last prints records from newest to oldest. Also, the audit system is not notified each time a tty or pty is allocated, so you may not see quite as many records indicating users and their tty's. OPTIONS
--bad Report on the bad logins. --extract Write raw audit records used to create the displayed report into a file aulast.log in the current working directory. -ffile Use the file instead of the audit logs for input. --proof Print out the audit event serial numbers used to determine the preceding line of the report. A Serial number of 0 is a place holder and not an actual event serial number. The serial numbers can be used to examine the actual audit records in more detail. Also an ausearch query is printed that will let you find the audit records associated with that session. --stdin Take audit records from stdin. EXAMPLES
To see this month's logins ausearch --start this-month --raw | aulast --stdin SEE ALSO
last(1), lastb(1), ausearch(8), aureport(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2008 AULAST:(8)