Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What UNIX is best for an all-in-one-server deployment Post 302257184 by mark54g on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 02:59:32 PM
Old 11-11-2008
CentOS is a solid choice

but If you have any money for it, I am a big fan of SUSE, for the ease of use as well as great support. You can use SLES for a nominal fee as well as OpenSUSE if you want something more bleeding edge. OpenSUSE is free, while CentOS has the benefit of being RHEL but without the "red hat" in it.

If I were you, I'd have a bake off on about 3 and see which ones are easies to use and meet my needs, as well as being secure and update friendly.

Also, VMware ESX is costly, but good. Xen, after being bought by Citrix, lost a lot of flavor for me and some others. As well, without their IO drivers, the performance on IO tasks was mediocre at best.

You can always use the free VMware server on a host OS, with minimal loss.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in deployment in weblogic server in solaris

I am getting following error during deployment in solaris. when i deploy same war in other machine (non-solaris) it works fine. the stacktrace is < ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1277738498407> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradesi143
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies
VMMOUSE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							VMMOUSE(4)

NAME
vmmouse - VMware Mouse input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "vmmouse" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmmouse is an XFree86 input driver for mice. The driver supports most available mouse types and interfaces. USB mice are only supported on some OSs, and the level of support for PS/2 mice depends on the OS. The vmmouse driver functions as a pointer input device, and may be used as the X server's core pointer. Multiple mice are supported by multiple instances of this driver. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver will automatically detect if the vmmouse device is present and if it is not, it will load the regular mouse driver and attempt to fall back to it. There are no vmmouse specific options, but if you set mouse(4) options, they will be passed on. See the mouse(4) man page for details on these options. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), mouse(4) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 VMware, Inc. X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 12.9.0 VMMOUSE(4)