Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble Post 302256955 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 01:02:07 AM
Old 11-11-2008
Yes, I agree.

Generally, you should not upgrade unless there is a clear and compelling reason to do so.

When you decide to upgrade, you should insure that the upgrade will not break your existing applications, some of which may not run on the upgraded platform.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Compling ZoneMinder 1.25.X from Source/Ubuntu 12.04

I orginally installed Zoneminder 1.25.X on Ubuntu 12.04 using there repositories and ran into a roadblock using the Bluecherry BC-08240A - 8 port video, 8 port audio realtime hardware compression card. The card requires the solo6010-dkm driver which uses ('extended' layouts) Using the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all, I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command: svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

3. Linux

Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10)

I'm not able to run perf on linux 4.4. I'm using ubuntu 15.10. The error I'm getting is: WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.0 You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 You may also want to install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
relup(5)							       Files								  relup(5)

NAME
relup - Release upgrade file DESCRIPTION
The release upgrade file describes how a release is upgraded in a running system. This file is automatically generated by systools:make_relup/3,4 , using a release resource file ( .rel ), application resource files ( .app ) and application upgrade files ( .appup ) as input. FILE SYNTAX
In a target system, the release upgrade file should be located in the OTP_ROOT/erts-EVsn/Vsn directory. The relup file contains one single Erlang term, which defines the instructions used to upgrade the release. The file has the following syn- tax: {Vsn, [{UpFromVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...], [{DownToVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...]}. * Vsn = string() is the current version of the release. * UpFromVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to upgrade from. * Descr = term() is a user defined parameter passed from the systools:make_relup/3,4 function. It will be used in the return value of release_handler:install_release/1,2 . * Instructions is a list of low-level release upgrade instructions, see appup(5) . It consists of the release upgrade instructions from the respective application upgrade files (high-level instructions are translated to low-level instructions), in the same order as in the start script. * DownToVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to downgrade to. When upgrading from UpFromVsn with release_handler:install_release/1,2 , there does not have to be an exact match of versions, but UpFromVsn can be a sub-string of the current release version. SEE ALSO
app(5), appup(5), rel(5), release_handler(3erl), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 relup(5)