Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fedora 9 + httpd 2.2.3 = dead but subsys locked Post 302256949 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 12:43:40 AM
Old 11-11-2008
Did you rebuild httpd/APR after you updated glibc?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is dead.letter ??

Hi all can you please help me what is dead.letter file ? when it is created ? for the first time i have seen this file getting created in my current directory? I am using SunOs. Any IDEA ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
2 Replies

2. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command to replace multiline text from httpd.conf file on Fedora

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting and to Linux environment as well. In my project I am trying to search for following text from the httpd.conf file <Directory '/somedir/someinnerdir'> AllowOverride All </Directory> and then remove this text and again rewrite the same text. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhushan
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Usenet is dead

On servers i check there seems to be no news at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed is dead

Hello everybody, I'm new to bash scripting (and scripting in general) but I'm making decent progress in the hands-on solutions I need... I've encountered a problem that seemed very simple to me at first, but had me going on for hours. Maybe you can help me. Say I have an input text file like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

8. Linux

/var/lock/subsys permission denied for root

Hello I have simple line of code here: FILE *lockfp = fopen("/var/lock/subsys/processName", "w"); which is denied even running as root. The result is locking failed for the following reason: Permission denied How is this possible? Why is this happening? Thanks for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR:UserDContributed Perl Docuapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::UUID(3)

NAME
APR::UUID - Perl API for manipulating APR UUIDs Synopsis use APR::UUID (); # get a random UUID and format it as a string my $uuid = APR::UUID->new->format; # $uuid = e.g. 'd48889bb-d11d-b211-8567-ec81968c93c6'; # same as the object returned by APR::UUID->new my $uuid_parsed = APR::UUID->parse($uuid); Description "APR::UUID" is used to get and manipulate random UUIDs. It allows you to "create" random UUIDs, which when "formatted" returns a string like: 'd48889bb-d11d-b211-8567-ec81968c93c6'; which can be parsed back into the "APR::UUID" object with "parse()". API
"APR::UUID" provides the following functions and/or methods: "format" Convert an "APR::UUID object" object into a string presentation: my $uuid_str = $uuid->format; obj: $uuid ( "APR::UUID object" ) ret: $uuid_str returns a string representation of the object (.e.g 'd48889bb-d11d-b211-8567-ec81968c93c6'). since: 2.0.00 "new" Create a "APR::UUID object" using the random engine: my $uuid = APR::UUID->new; class: "APR::UUID" ( "APR::UUID class" ) ret: $uuid ( "APR::UUID object" ) since: 2.0.00 "DESTROY" $uuid->DESTROY; obj: "APR::UUID" ( "APR::UUID object" ) ret: no return value since: 2.0.00 Do not call this method, it's designed to be only called by Perl when the variable goes out of scope. If you call it yourself you will get a segfault when perl will call DESTROY on its own. "parse" Convert a UUID string into an "APR::UUID object" object: $uuid = APR::UUID->parse($uuid_str) arg1: $uuid_str (string) UUID string (.e.g 'd48889bb-d11d-b211-8567-ec81968c93c6') ret: $uuid ( "APR::UUID object" ) The new object. since: 2.0.00 See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-07 apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::UUID(3)