Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble Post 302256890 by TheMusician on Monday 10th of November 2008 09:01:40 PM
Old 11-10-2008
Tools Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble

Ever since the new release of the Realtime kernel, JACK and Ardour and anything else that could use it doesn't work. It works if i turn off realtime in Jack, but thats precisely why I installed intrepid in the first place. for the realtime kernel. it worked so well!

what i've learned with linux: upgrading if not necessary is a BAD IDEA. my recording studio setup is nothing without the kernel. and this new one not working with Jack is epic fail. Jack just doesnt start. and hence Ardour wont either.

Realtek AC97 Integrated
P4 3.0GHz HT (single core)
2GB DDR400

It worked before, on the old RT kernel and Hardy.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Compling ZoneMinder 1.25.X from Source/Ubuntu 12.04

I orginally installed Zoneminder 1.25.X on Ubuntu 12.04 using there repositories and ran into a roadblock using the Bluecherry BC-08240A - 8 port video, 8 port audio realtime hardware compression card. The card requires the solo6010-dkm driver which uses ('extended' layouts) Using the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all, I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command: svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

3. Linux

Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10)

I'm not able to run perf on linux 4.4. I'm using ubuntu 15.10. The error I'm getting is: WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.0 You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 You may also want to install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)