Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server/client chat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Server/client chat Post 302256871 by kasma on Monday 10th of November 2008 07:15:20 PM
Old 11-10-2008
Yes...but plz help me...I am facing several problems

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

2. Programming

Chat client-server program

Good day everyone, I'm doing a chat client-server program:server is to receive messages from clients through a TCP port and multicast them back to all clients through a UDP port. This is my client program. I'd not know why it just sends and receives msg from server once, then it stops. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powermind
1 Replies

3. Programming

How can i make two client to chat with each other?

How can i make two client to chat with each other.. without any work of server, i mean peer to peer i am making chat messenger on which all host will connect to/via server and if any host want private chat then thay work independently... this is code(attached) which i have made for server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bt87
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server-client chat with a bit more

The task is to create a server client chat that contains a few basic safeguards against floods etc and which is capable of issuing at least one or two commands on the client computer. Working samples of such arrangements abound but freeware/shareware samples are not readily available. A catch in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with server client chat system

request create a chat system in linux where a user type smth and all the other users connected to server get the message.then a user have to create join leave or delete a channel of chat if he created it.i did the server and the client but i dont know how to implemt the chat rooms.i was ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demonmind
1 Replies

6. Programming

logic understanding for inter client chat server

hello everyone, i am making chat server in linux using c. i have made programs in which group chat can take place between multiple clients but i am not able to understand how to make 2 particular clients chat with each other. please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweetbella
1 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble with pipes in chat client on linux

I'm writing a simple chat client in C++ on linux to connect to a win32 chat server on my computer also written in C++. I'm confident that the server works but the chat client is giving me some trouble. I'm forking the chat client and have one process dealing with incoming messages and another... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vindy
14 Replies
GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)														 GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)

NAME
glPolygonMode - select a polygon rasterization mode C SPECIFICATION
void glPolygonMode( GLenum face, GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
face Specifies the polygons that mode applies to. Must be GL_FRONT for front-facing polygons, GL_BACK for back-facing polygons, or GL_FRONT_AND_BACK for front- and back-facing polygons. mode Specifies how polygons will be rasterized. Accepted values are GL_POINT, GL_LINE, and GL_FILL. The initial value is GL_FILL for both front- and back-facing polygons. DESCRIPTION
glPolygonMode controls the interpretation of polygons for rasterization. face describes which polygons mode applies to: front-facing poly- gons (GL_FRONT), back-facing polygons (GL_BACK), or both (GL_FRONT_AND_BACK). The polygon mode affects only the final rasterization of polygons. In particular, a polygon's vertices are lit and the polygon is clipped and possibly culled before these modes are applied. Three modes are defined and can be specified in mode: GL_POINT Polygon vertices that are marked as the start of a boundary edge are drawn as points. Point attributes such as GL_POINT_SIZE and GL_POINT_SMOOTH control the rasterization of the points. Polygon rasterization attributes other than GL_POLYGON_MODE have no effect. GL_LINE Boundary edges of the polygon are drawn as line segments. They are treated as connected line segments for line stippling; the line stipple counter and pattern are not reset between segments (see glLineStipple). Line attributes such as GL_LINE_WIDTH and GL_LINE_SMOOTH control the rasterization of the lines. Polygon rasterization attributes other than GL_POLYGON_MODE have no effect. GL_FILL The interior of the polygon is filled. Polygon attributes such as GL_POLYGON_STIPPLE and GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH control the ras- terization of the polygon. EXAMPLES
To draw a surface with filled back-facing polygons and outlined front-facing polygons, call glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT, GL_LINE); NOTES
Vertices are marked as boundary or nonboundary with an edge flag. Edge flags are generated internally by the GL when it decomposes poly- gons; they can be set explicitly using glEdgeFlag. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if either face or mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glPolygonMode is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_POLYGON_MODE SEE ALSO
glBegin, glEdgeFlag, glLineStipple, glLineWidth, glPointSize, glPolygonStipple GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)