Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Printer Only Printing First Line Post 302256855 by nubix on Monday 10th of November 2008 06:10:51 PM
Old 11-10-2008
HP-UX 11i v1 (B.11.11)
Jetdirect E.10.34 software
Ricoh Aficio MP 3000

I've found other the exact printer model installed, as a network printer on the same network as the current printer i'm having trouble with. The thing is my predecessor installed it. And i don't know how he did it, and it's still working properly.
Is there anyway i can replicate the print queue, then modify to point to the printer i'm trying to re-install?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Printing from SCO 5.05... to XP Shared Printer

I am having trouble getting our accounting program (on SCO 5.05) to print to a shared windows printer. We used to use a program that took care of this PCI print server or somehting like that. but when XP service pack 2 got installed somethign happened with the permissions and the files would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LarryG
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpd printing and a IP based printer on SCO

I am attempting to setup an IP based printer in a SCO environment. It is a cognitive printer. I attempted to add it via the HP interface but I could not get anything sent from the spooler to the printer in SCO? My questions is or are should this be setup as a local or remote printer? When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spglass
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing 5 raw characters to a printer

Hi there, I want to open a cash drawer remotely. The cash drawer is commanded by a printer. I need to connect to the cash drawer which is connected over a network (and shared) and simply send a sequence of five ASCII commands (see http://pages.prodigy.net/daleharris/popopen2.htm) to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Friğrik
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Printing Problem With Hp4250n Printer?

Hi all;:) I have the following strange problem with my network printer Hp Laser jet 4250n working with Hp9000 rp3410 Servers , it prints well under Microsoft windows operation system ,,, But under Hp Unix 11.1 applications such as text editor the printing font is very small (size 4) ; one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michel Boss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

6. AIX

Printing to Local Printer.

This is an easy one but have no clue how to start. I am connecting via a PC running XP using putty. I have a printer attached to my PC. I need to print stuff. How can I set up this printer? Thanks !:eek: ---------- Post updated at 18:22 ---------- Previous update was at 16:38 ---------- The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with printing ps files to printer

We have a post script enabled printer setup. But when we send any .ps file using ps to this printer we are getting this error: Cannot print postscript file because No postscript print queue exists for this printer. Print queue name Xerox Printer name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansmaan
0 Replies

8. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tru64 Printing to something other than a printer

I have been searching for a solution to a printing issue for several months now and have come up with no decently working solution. Please give input. We have an old inventory control program running on TRU64 Unix V5.1B operating system. Around 2003 it was virtualized onto VMware via AVT's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ken_Snauffer
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer printing control codes

Solaris 10: Having some trouble with a new printer printing control codes. This is an HP MFP M632. Tried a few ppd files and without a ppd file using commands similar to the follow: lpadmin -p L4102A -v /dev/null -m netstandard -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)						      Easy Software Products						     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user ] [ -h cups-server ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user ] [ -h cups-server ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
cupsaddsmb exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configura- tion, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the CUPS or Adobe PostScript printer driver files described below. The -H option specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. The -U option specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. The -a option exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. The -h option specifies a different CUPS server to use. The -v option specifies that verbose information should be shown and is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SAMBA CONFIGURATION
cupsaddsmb uses the new RPC-based printing support in SAMBA 2.2.x to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure SAMBA (via the smb.conf file) to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes printer admin = root [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. CUPS POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
cupsaddsmb can use the CUPS PostScript printer drivers for Windows, which are available for download from the CUPS web site. The CUPS printer drivers are preferred over the Adobe drivers since they support page accounting, banner pages, and page labels on all printers. However, currently only Windows NT, 2000, and XP are supported by the CUPS drivers, so you will also need to get the Adobe driver to support Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. Once you have extracted the driver files, create a "drivers" directory in the CUPS data directory (usually /usr/share/cups) and copy the CUPS files using lowercase filenames, as follows: [Windows NT, 2000, and XP] cups.hlp cupsdrvr.dll cupsui.dll ADOBE POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
cupsaddsmb can use the Adobe PostScript printer drivers for Windows, which are available for download from the Adobe web site (http://www.adobe.com). The CUPS printer drivers are preferred over the Adobe drivers since they support page accounting, banner pages, and page labels on all printers. Once you have extracted the driver files, create a "drivers" directory in the CUPS data directory (usually /usr/share/cups) and copy the Adobe files using UPPERCASE filenames, as follows: [Windows 95, 98, and Me] ADFONTS.MFM ADOBEPS4.DRV ADOBEPS4.HLP DEFPRTR2.PPD ICONLIB.DLL PSMON.DLL [Windows NT, 2000, and XP] ADOBEPS5.DLL ADOBEPSU.DLL ADOBEPSU.HLP You can download and copy either set of driver files independently, and use the CUPS drivers for Windows NT, 2000, and XP while using the Adobe drivers for the Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. SEE ALSO
CUPS Software Administrators Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993-2002 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. 27 September 2002 Common UNIX Printing System cupsaddsmb(8)