Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Why Python is not so popular? Post 302256658 by Neo on Monday 10th of November 2008 10:21:28 AM
Old 11-10-2008
Wikipedia has a nice article on Python:

Python programming language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, there is a nice article on the Google platform:

Google platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some info from Wikipedia, FYI:

Quote:
It is commonly used in 3D animation packages, as in Houdini, Maya, Softimage XSI, TrueSpace, Poser, Modo, Nuke and Blender. It is also used in GIMP, Krita, Inkscape, Scribus and Paint Shop Pro.[41] ESRI is now promoting Python as the best choice for writing scripts in ArcGIS.[42] It is also used in games like Civilization IV and Mount&Blade as the control language for modding and event interaction.[43] Eve Online, an MMORPG, is also built using Python.[44]

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who's the most popular

hello everyone. i am working on getting my network+ and server+ certs. after that i want to get a unix cert, but i don't know what's the most needed. i've checked the web sites for sun, ibm, and hp and they all claim to have the fastest, most stable, open source compatible unix system that sets all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foustware
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Most popular mail server(MTA)

Which among the following is most popular choice as a mail server - 1)Sendmail 2)Postfix 3)Qmail Which is the industry preferred one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the top 100 most popular pages

Ok, this is really beyond my scripting skill level so I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this. I have a trace file in the following format: <timestame> <devicenum> <sector address> <size in sectors> <0 or 1 (write or read)> Here is what I need to do. I need to use the <sector address>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jontjioe
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Any desktop models popular with Red Hat?

I am planning to install the latest version of Red Hat on a desktop computer, and use it as a platform to become more up-to-date on Linux and associated open source applications. I'm thinking to buy a used Dell or HP desktop computer; maybe two or three years old (or newer); on which to install... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarsonsPlanet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which memory test tool is popular on CentOS 6?

Hi, Which tools or method is popular, simple and effective, to check memory such as bad sector, throughput and performance? Thank you. - j (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
5 Replies

6. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)